4

Yasmin POV

The stiffness in my limbs felt like I hadn't moved in days. Yawning, I stretched my arms over my head while straightening my legs. A loud growl from my tummy made me giggle softly. Kicking my legs to free myself from the tangled mess of my sheet, I sat on the edge of the bed flicking on the lamp beside the bed.

My fingers raked my hair as my gaze wandered around the room. Where am I?

Was this my room? I mean, it had to be. Right?

Cautiously I stood, walking around the room and looking around. It was quite plain and dark. Black sheets on a large bed matched the dark curtains blocking out any light. Thick carpet cushioned my feet as I walked towards a door. My hand wrapped around the handle, only pausing for a second before swinging it open.

Clothes hung from one side to the other in a curve. Three draws filled the small open space at the bottom of the wardrobe, a shoe rack filled with female shoes stood just inside the door.

"oh, those are cute." Pink glitter pumps rested next to a pair of graffiti styled running shoes. Picking the runners up, I check the size. "Size seven, that's my size."

After looking through the rest of the clothes, I had concluded this was my room. Why else would everything down to the underwear fit me perfectly?

Grabbing a clean set of clothes which included some flower-patterned shorts, a plain t-shirt, and the graffiti shoes, I headed for the other door knowing it must be a bathroom and got ready for the day.

With the last knot of my shoes tied, I straighten my shirt and made my way out of the room looking for the kitchen.

The place was really quiet and I was almost afraid to make a sound. Almost.

"Hello." My voice echo through the still house.

Yet no one seemed to be around.

"Um, HELLO!" I yelled with a cringe.

Rushed footsteps could now be heard running towards my voice.

After passing a few rooms with closed doors the walls opened up to reveal a large foyer. Huge double wooden doors stood to one side a few shades darker than the floorboards. Standing still, I waited for the footsteps to reach me.

A short rotund lady with an apron around her waist looked very flustered.

"Miss, you are finally awake. The Master will be very pleased. Everyone has gone for the day and will return this evening, but what am I saying, you must be hungry. Come, follow me and I'll fix you something to eat."

Spinning back the way she had come, her legs carried her towards the kitchen.

"Okay then," I muttered following behind her.

I watched as the women practically danced around the kitchen making more food than I was able to eat. Her mouth going the whole time.

"You see Miss, you had the master in a bit of a dither. He has spent most of the nights just watching over you as you slept. If you ask me, he seems quite taken by you.

"Master hasn't had any females stay in over six years, not since, well never mind about that. It will be a nice change to have someone as pretty as you stay here." I watched as her movements still and a look of pity came over her features, "let's hope it will be longer then, not to worry." She started to plate up some food for me before scooping what looked like soup into three different bowls and placing them on a tray.

Now with an opening to talk, I quickly spoke before she started talking again. "You said, 'stay here', does that mean this is not my house?"

The lady spun to face me, a confused look in her eyes. "No Miss, don't you remember? Master Caine brought you here three nights ago after your accident. Had me clean you up, and you look a sight better than you did then. Master Caine also sent for clothes for you for when you wake, but I see you found those already." She waved her thick hands up and down my body.

Looking down at the food on my plate picking at the eggs while trying to work out what she was saying.

"Miss?" the woman spoke softly. She had moved to my side and rested a hand on my slumped shoulder. "Do you know what your name is?"

Her question made me look back up at her. "Of course, I do, it's Yasmin. Yasmin ---" My mind went blank. My first name was Yasmin, but what was the rest.

Closing my eyes, I rubbed my temples. How could I forget what my name was?

"Miss Yasmin, where is home?"

Home? I had thought this was my home. I squeeze my eye tighter, black spots forming behind my closed lids. I just couldn't remember. My name is Yasmin and I live ---.

"It's okay dear," she said wiping her finger across my cheek, a wet smudge left in its wake. "Master Caine is a nice man. He will take care of you like he has taken care of the rest of us. I have been with him for what seems like a lifetime. Master Caine took me in off the streets, fed me, and gave me a place to live. All he asks in return is honesty."

Opening my eyes, I nod my head at her, a smile lightening my face. "Would you mind telling me your name.?" I couldn't remember if she had told me or not, but that seemed to be a theme at the moment.

"Do forgive me, Miss Yasmin, my name is Mary Catcher. Head of house. I keep this place and the other staff running on track."

"Mary, thank you for everything but please just call me Yasmin."

"As you wish Yasmin, now, finish your lunch and I will show you around. How does that sound?"

With a nod of my head and a small smile, my attention returned to my lunch as Mary pushed a cart with the bowls of soup down a small hallway telling me to 'stay put, she will be back soon'.

A/N:

So Yasmin lost her memory. Is this a bad thing? or could it be the fresh start she needed. Let me know your thoughts.

Don't forget to hit the star icon and vote for Thirst of the Heart.

Thanks Watt-fam

T. xx