19

*a month later*

"seventeen hits different." i said randomly.

"you turned seventeen four months ago payton." tobi laughed from the other side of the lunch table.

"yeah what the fuck?" freya laughed.

"go snog josh, you bully." i giggled, taking the piss out of their relationship.

"hey now that you're off the market we can go lesbian for each other." gee laughed hysterically from beside me.

harry looked at her. it's almost as if he was jealous. also, yes harry still sits with us everyday due to the fact that everyone else is his friend.

"fuck it. why not?" i laughed, kissing her on the cheek.

"highlight of my week." gee said, making us all laugh.

gee and i have always joked around about dating, even while harry and i were together. it started after gee got absolutely hammered at a party, and flirted with me the whole time, basically telling harry to 'back off.' which is when we became the best of friends.

"imagine the two of you actually start dating." talia laughed, whilst being attached to simons side. almost like a leech, in the best way possible though.

since they started dating a couple months ago, they've been inseparable. i'm so happy for Si.

"fam i've been saying it since we met." gee giggled.

"i've never like even thought about being with a girl in that way, but it never hurts to experiment." i laughed.

"DOES THIS MEAN I CAN SHOOT MY SHOT?" gee yelled.

"NO!" JJ yelled back from the other side of me.

in reality they are only two feet apart, at most.

"what? you got dibs?" gee giggled.

"nahh." JJ chuckled.

"someone's been quiet." vik said, directed
towards harry.

him and katie have been dating since like a day or two after the day harry and i broke up.

"huh?" harry asked him.

"ever since gee and payton have been talking about being gay for each other you shut up." freya laughed.

"it's not that. it's katie." harry sighed.

"trouble in paradise?" josh laughed, as ethan added,

"when is there not?" with a laugh at the end.

"i honestly wish i'd never gotten with her." harry groaned.

"hey we all told you. you lost the best thing that's ever gonna fucking happen to you." JJ said looking him directly in his eyes.

"that's the past." i spoke up.

"what?" harry asked.

"i said it's in the past" this time it was a bit louder than before.

ever since harry and i broke up, i lost my touch. it's like i went ghost, but was still visible? does that make sense? like i'm still here but cut nearly everyone off, including Alisha and i feel horrible about it. i got quiet, and i don't do much anymore. i'm basically a sloth.

but, thankfully, recently i've been getting back to being myself. and not even lying, it's all because of Gee and JJ.

"Don't remind me." harry replied.

"what's that supposed to mean?" i asked a bit harshly.

"i don't wanna remember that time of my life." he rolled his eyes.

"fam. I was fucking standing up for you! i told him not to bring it up since it's the past but nooo. you wanna be a dickhead like always." i said, adding

"forget i even fucking talked to you. it's been damn near a month of silence let's fucking keep it that way." and rolled my eyes.

"payton i didn't-"

"save it." i said, before getting up to leave the cafeteria.

"nope." gee smiled, grabbing my wrist.

"huh?" i asked, trying to pull my arm away so i could leave.

"no more running away from your problems. harry's definitely a problem, especially to you, so you can't just walk away anymore. tell him he's a massive cunt. let out every emotion you are holding in." she said, making me sit back down.

"well do it." she said after a little bit of silence.

"harry you're a cunt." i said, and honestly it felt amazing.

"there you go." gee smiled.

"that's not fair." harry said.

"how's it not fair?" josh asked.

"yeah you dumped her, after basically seeing someone else throughout your relationship." tobi said.

"not to mention you downgraded." talia said, causing us all to laugh, including harry.

"which makes you a cunt." JJ smiled.

"yeah you're a cunt." vik laughed.

"fuck it why don't all of you just call me a cunt." he said, getting annoyed.

"you're a cunt." we all said at the same time, and high fived as a reaction.