6

"Oh." he replied.

"yep." i laughed.

"i'd kill to have a teacher love me like ours love you." he smiled.

"honestly i'd rather be teachers pet than have the teachers hate me." i smiled.

"yeah. by the way thanks for getting my friends outta trouble earlier." he smiled back.

"of course. i don't mind." i laughed.

"i'm kind of happy Mac is making us work together. i like talking to you." he chuckled.

"and i like talking to you." i laughed.

"i'm sorry for how i've treated you this past year." he said after a short moment of silence.

"it's okay. i got used to it." i laughed.

"and that's horrible. it's not okay. we used to be so close payton, and then i went and fucked it all up." he said, getting frustrated with himself.

"hey it's okay." i smiled, making him look up.

"it's in the past now." i added.

"that doesn't change how much i missed you. the more i missed you, the more i teased you." he said, finally letting all of those little emotions he was hiding, escape.

"i missed you too." i breathed out.

i never ever thought i'd be confessing my feelings towards harry. these might not be the giggly, butterfly-ish feelings that puts everyone in the edges of their seats, but they are feelings. and that's a big step for me.

"what? really?" he asked a bit excited, but mainly nervous.

"you're not joking, right?" he asked.

"no, but that's some dickhead move you would pull. so i should be asking, are you joking?" i asked, a little more serious than i intended.

"no. one thousand percent, no." he smiled.

"good." i smiled.

then for some reason i felt the need to say,

"now come here and give me a hug." which made us both laugh, but harry proceed to wrap his arms around me, squeezing me tighter than ever, for quite a long time. but hey, i'm not complaining.

"i've missed this." he said digging his head into my neck.

"i just- missed you." he breathed out, as if a literal weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"so," i said.

"so?" he asked.

"so, this means we can be friends again." i giggled.

"deadass?" he asked me.

"yeah." i smiled.

"thank god. i was running out of excuses with my mum about why you couldn't come over." he laughed.

"you've been lying to your mum for a fucking year?!" i said, shocked at how long he's been hiding this.

"we'll actually, i have no room to talk i've been doing the same." i giggled.

"haha you're a liar too!" he teased me.

"shut it." i laughed.