39

while the band was setting up everyone took the time to come and wish me a happy birthday.

"Happy birthday." Ethan said, as he and the rest of the boys came over and wrapped me in a group hug.

"thank you." I chuckled, pulling away.

-

"I'll eat you up like cadys yeah, and you can call me daddy yeah." Colson sang, staring me dead in the eyes. my cheeks decided to flush red, so I pulled my hands up to cover them, making him laugh into the mic.

-

the part was finally over and I was saying goodbye to everyone. I gathered JJ, Simon, Harry, Ethan, Tobi, Josh, Freya, Vik, and Colson together since I had really big news to share. Colson already knew since we talked about it at the diner last night.

"whats up?" Simon asked.

"I got accepted into one of the bigger colleges I applied for." I said as they all sounded excited.

"No way which one?" JJ asked all hyped up. that was about to change.

"UCLA?" I said, but basically asked.

"What?" Ethan asked, distraught.

"But you told them no right? because you wouldn't want to leave home, or me?" JJ said, as his voice broke at the end.

"I said yes." I frowned, as my voice also broke, and tears fell from my eyes.

"There's no way." Simon, said planting his face into his hand.

"I'm sorry guys." I sobbed.

"JJ I'm so sorry."I cried, trying to pull him into a hug, as he backed up.

"okay." I said, wiping my eyes and walking away as Harold followed close behind.

"Payton, can we talk?" harry asked.

"please, no. this is my birthday party. I'm meant to be in a good mood, and this situation has already fucked it." I sighed.

"it'll be quick. I promise." he said, taking my hand and pulling me outside.

"Okay hurry then." I said.

"Look I'm really sorry about the other day. I just want you to know I'm never giving up on us. I still have hope." He sighed.

"Harold. I love you more than you realize. I always have, and always will." I said as his eyes lit up. this next part was gonna hurt me more than him.

"but you need to move on."

he looked as if his world had just been crushed. like I haven't been telling him this for weeks.

"We aren't meant to be. You're gonna be big and famous, and I'm gonna be the same person I've always been, the quiet kid that smokes too much pot." I said, making him laugh a bit.

"You'll be alright. I know it." I smiled, adding,

"just promise you wont forget me when you make it big?" I asked, as he nodded, pulling me into a hug.

"I love you Hazzy."

"I love you more Payton." he cried, squeezing me tighter than ever before.

"I'll walk you to the car?" He asked, as I nodded.

"Bye harry." I smiled, as he pulled me back into another hug.

"bye Payton." his voice broke, knowing this might be the last time we ever see each other, since our lives were headed in different directions.

I looked in the rearview mirror seeing him slowly disappear in the distance. I cried the entire way to my house, the entire time I took my shower, the entire time we ate dinner, and the entire time I packed away my belongings. I don't know if I just made the best or worst decision of my life.