3

"Alishaaaaa." i smiled, once we had gotten up and out of our seats.

"what?" she laughed.

"come hereeee."i giggled.

"fineee." she laughed, mocking how i'd drug out the end of each word.

"yay." i smiled, wrapping my arms around her.

"what Lebanese shit is this?" Our dearest friend, Zach asked.

"Lebanese?" i giggled.

"isn't that where two girls like each other?" he asked, confusing himself.

"You dumbass. that's lesbian." Alisha laughed.

"Oh." he replied, getting embarrassed and walking away.

"let's go to math." alisha said, walking away from me after we let go of each other.

"hey." JJ said low, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"hi." i smiled, turning around, and wrapping my arms around him.

"how was Language Arts?" he laughed.

"great. how are your friends?" i giggled.

"they're fine." he laughed, placing a kiss on my cheek, as we walked to math.

"flirty today, aren't you Olatunji?" i smiled, causing him to nod and crack a little smile.

"i could tell." i laughed as we walked into math.

once we walked in JJ decided to sit next to me since we had open seating.

"Glad to see you found a new friend JJ, she'll be good for you." Mrs. Anderson smiled warmly.

i messed around with the sleeves of my shirt, getting a bit embarrassed as everyone looked at us.

"So, guys. Today we're going to be having a live lesson." she chuckled.

"nooo." i mumbled, making JJ laugh a bit.

"Algebra 2: The basics." she read off of the board.

"so exciting." JJ said under his breath, which made me laugh.

"hey payton?" ethan said quietly, causing me to turn to my left away from JJ, since that's where he was.

Josh was on the left end, then Ethan, me, JJ, Tobi, Harry, Simon, and lastly Vik on the right end.

"Hm?" i ask fully moving my body towards him so i could pay attention. that's something i've always struggled with since i have ADHD.

"let's hangout soon." he smiled.

"yeah of course." i laughed as he handed me his phone to put my number in.

after that we had a mini conversation, and turned our attention back to the lesson.

who would've thought i'd be friends with the school douche bags?

not me.

definitely not me.

but here i am. and i kind of like it. they make me a little bit happier.

"Payton!" Mrs Anderson said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"huh?" i asked, as she walked closer to me.

"hey look at me." she whispered before adding,

"i know you're going through a lot right now. and you know i'm always gonna be here for you, but i really need you to pay attention honey. this course is hard and i need you to pass, so please jus try your hardest. i get anxiety, depression, adhd and all of that isn't on your side, but i need you to try for me." she smiled.

"of course." i said, showing a soft smile.

Mrs Anderson's always been able to read me and i literally love it.

"teachers pet yeah?" ethan winked causing me to giggle as we made small jokes back and forth.