1.2 - Roses are Red

Start from the beginning

We walk to the gardens, a giant hedge maze entrance, and spot someone scurrying around like a headless chicken. He had orange hair with the top half in a short ponytail, bright green eyes, and a yellow diamond symbol painted under his left eye.

"Ugh, crap! I gotta get these roses finished!" He stressed

"Oi, someone's here!" We walked closer.

"Best watch out! And splatters of paint and my head's gone!" He warned.

"This is serious déjà-vu...." I mutter exasperated.

"Hm? Do you need something?" He turned to us.

"Yea, uh, what exactly are you doing with that?" Ace pointed to the red paint can and brush.

"This? Well if you can't tell, I'm painting the roses red!" The painter explains.

Not surprising. But I nod just to humor him.

"Huh? Why would you DO that?!" Deuce asked.

The painter laughs. "Oh, your reactions are so cute!" Then he inspects us. "Now that I've had a better look at you, you're the freshmen that busted the 1 billion madol chandelier yesterday!"

Wow! Word got around fast!

Ace shook his head in despair, "We're gonna hear about that damn chandelier until the day we graduate..."

"And you added onto the punishment by stealing our dorm leader's tart last night!"

I busted out giggling.

"I feel so lucky getting to meet the notorious newcomers first thing in the morning! Hey, wait, wait! This calls for a selfie! Yay!" Before I knew it, he had whipped out his cellphone, and snapped a picture faster than lightning. I didn't even have time to react as I looked straight at the camera in confusion. Neither did Ace or Deuce.

"Can I put this on Magicame? Tell me your names so I'll put you in the tags!"

Magicame? Is that like Instagr-

"Deuce Spade."

"Ace."

"Grim and Charlie!"

"Nice! Upload finished!" The painter smiled. "Oh! My name is Cater Diamond, third year!" He smiled. "You may call me Cater, or Cay is fine, too! Nice to meetcha!"

'He's so carefree...' I thought. "Piacere di conoscerti!" I nod my head. "That means 'Nice to meet you' in Italian! I'm Charlotte, but some just call me Charlie!" His eyes widened at my introduction and name.

"Oh! You're the supervisor from the Ramshackle Dorm I heard about! Good on you, living there!" He shook my hand. "It's super dark and you can't get a good Magicame there! You've my sympathy."

"This guy sure likes running his mouth a lot..." Grim complains.

"Oh, forgive me! There's no time for chit-chat!" Cater realizes. "The party's in two days! I don't want to risk losing my head for being late!" He smiles, "Hey, you guys. Since you're here, mind helping me paint these roses?"