10

"Yoongi!"

The white head turned to find a very beaten up group of wolves looking at him expectantly.

"What is it?"
Yugyeom was the first to approach his hyung slowly, face looking down.

"We heard you were going on a mission in the north.." the boy looked up to face the Beta "is it true?"

Yoongi didn't waste time in denying it.

"I am." He croaked out. When he realized how he sounded he cleared his throat and adjusted his posture. He may have spent the entire night crying himself to sleep with his mate no where in sight, but that didn't mean that he will show his insecure side to the teen wolves. They looked up to him after all.
"It's not that big of a deal-"
He was cut off when a snort was heard.

"Not that big of a deal?" Small Jisoo made her way forward, "you have to be kidding me. What's wrong with you Jeons juniors trying to leave this pack so bad?" She sounded angry but anyone can decipher the burning sadness behind her blue omega orbs.

"She's right! We already lost our next Alpha now our Beta too?" Jackson piped in.

"You don't have to look after him anymore, Yoongi. He left us and we can't let you endanger yourself for him." Chanyeol added.

Yoongi shook his head in defeat.

"I'm not the only who thinks so, it appears."

Yoongi snapped his head at the sound of his red haired mate. He never had a fight with him this serious before. At least not where Hoseok would rather sleep outside than share the house with his lover. And it hurt Yoongi in more ways than he cared to admit.

"Listen guys. I know you're all worried for me but I'm not doing this only for Jungkook but for the pack as well. We need this alliance with the north. The Lupus pack are very strong and the only ones who hopefully survived the attacks there years ago. If we managed to make them by our side we can finally show the other packs that they are wrong for trying to start wars instead of being united as a specie. Making sure Jungkook is safe is a bonus in all of this. We have to understand why he went away and if he did leave on his own mind or he was perhaps pushed to do so."

Yoongi knew they were all scared for not only the safety of the pack but him as well. They were family after all.

"Please be careful, Beta." Baekhyun uttered slowly. Chanyeol appeared conflicted but nodded nonetheless, followed by Jackson, Yugyeom, Jaebum and a teary eyed Jisoo.

"We believe in you, hyung." The boys said.
Yoongi smiled lightly acknowledging their cooperation. He waited for a certain alpha's reaction but got nothing more than a long stare before the said alpha turned around and walked away.

"He'll come around oppa, just give him a little time." Jennie took the wolf's hands in her smaller ones and smiled at him apologetically.
He kissed her forehead in thanking.

"Beta, we're ready." Park Seojoon announced, breaking the silent atmosphere between the gathered wolves. Yoongi nodded.

"Your mate?" He asked him before he noticed two women, one holding a little baby girl and the other one wearing a long stark white blouse, doctor's attire. They were Seojoon's and Hyunsik's mates.

He smiled at them and they waved back.

"I guess we're going now." He confirmed.

As the trio made their way to the Alpha who was waiting for them at entry of the herd house along with the Luna and Beta Jung, Hoseok's uncle.