63

Kim Namjoon was sitting in the middle of an important meeting. He had come across a few rogues who had caused a hassle in the north. They were captured and were interrogated. This meeting was about knowing what they were about to do with the traitors and the pression was on. It was during times like these when Namjoon's judgement was thoroughly studied. All eyes were on him, his every word taken into account. He needed to listen to each of the rogue wolves and make a final decision. Thankfully, Seokjin was by his side, supporting him in every step of the way while Beta Park was debating with the Council's members.
The Council is a small organization made out of certain werewolves and very few selected humans. It was summoned when things were getting complicated especially when it involved rogues. Then, not only the wolves are threatened but the human population as well. There's always victims on both sides in the aftermath of a rogue attack. And the Council, albeit rarely doing anything, has to be present in order to judge the Head Alpha's way of thinking and handling the situation. One would think this was absolutely wasteful and that the Council would be better helping the packs in their problem at hand rather than questioning the leader's choices. Jin thought the same. He hated the council with every fiber of his body if only because he holds the war that erupted more than a decade ago against them. They all lost something precious, someone dear, a pack member, a family, a house, a life because of the war where instead of them being a united force against the rebels, they had decided that questioning the Alphas' every move was more important.
Namjoon shared the same opinion as his mate, clearly. But he knew better than to show it. After all, the Council was a force to be reckoned with. With the influence of both noble werewolves families and highly placed politicians and country leaders, they had more power than the grey-haired Alpha would care to admit. One snap of their finger could lead them into another war in no time. Namjoon absolutely refuses to let them glimpse at the smallest imperfection regarding his pack. He had mastered the all-business façade and had pretty much everything in check before any reunion with them.
So imagine his panic when his phone vibrated repeatedly in the middle of the meeting and he had to excuse himself to check the caller ID.
It was Jimin.
Namjoon would've normally ignored the call until after the meeting which was what he was about to do but the young beta had left three missed calls and the Alpha was too keen on details to ignore the uncommon pattern.
Jimin never called many times. Not him, at least.
So he decided to call back and then his blood ran cold.

"Taehyung!"

Namjoon needed only to hear the breathless whisper of the blonde to spring off to where he last saw his brother. Suddenly, he felt pressured.
He hadn't seen Taehyung in two days but Jin had told him that the younger has been in his room and that he was sleeping wherever the omega visited him.
Namjoon did send a small text to his mate only requesting him to "take over". Nothing needed to be added as Jin knew his mate would explain everything in due time, so he took over the meeting one charming smile at a time. Being a male omega sure has its perks.

Upon arriving to Taehyung's bedroom, the first whiff of air had the Alpha nauseated. It smelled of blood. Lots of blood. Banging the door open, Namjoon couldn't hold his gasp even with his years of training into maintaining a somewhat collected stance. All of it was thrown out of the window when his eyes fell on the unconscious bloody mess that was his little brother.

The sight was too horrible, too familiar. It hit too close to home for his liking. Namjoon felt his throat close up and his chest squeeze. How could he blink out the images forcefully coming before his eyes that were all too similar with the scene before him?
The coppery smell overwhelmed his senses and he found it harder than ever to focus on reaching his brother whose faint heartbeat he could barely feel.

Taking cautious steps, he crouched in front of the limp figure, moving his reluctant hands slowly on his upper body, delicately checking the extent of the damage.
Namjoon was sure he screamed. was it internal or not he didn't know but he screamed when he moved his brother's head and all he saw on the wal were cracks filled with blood, hair sticking to it and- oh lord. Was that flesh?
Namjoon didn't remember the last time he actually gagged at the sight of gore. He was familiar with broken limbs, torn skin and blood. He was a werewolf for fuck's sake! But nothing comes close to the stomach-churning feeling of seeing his own brother, the last one standing, the young alpha he was supposed to cherish and protect with his life, in a state like this.
It was too much.
Namjoon fumbled with bloody shaky hands to open his damn phone and get help.
Praying in earnest that it wouldn't be too late.

-

When Jungkook entered his apartment with Lucas trailing after him, he was heading to the shower all whilst the beta was making his way to the kitchen to get something to quench his thirst with. Water will do, he decided.
Jungkook was in the middle of getting rid of his clothes, his sweaty hair shining in onyx and reflecting the bathroom's light, when his phone got his attention.
The device lit up from where it was on the counter top. It was a message from the Luna.

'Will you come to the clinic, please?'

Jungkook's brows furrowed. He knew where the place was but he's never been to the pack's clinic before. A weird feeling settled in his stomach but he answered nonetheless.

'Of course. Be there in 10.'

Jungkook took a quick shower, changed his clothes and came back to find the beta squatting on his sofa, a cartoon playing on his flat tv.
Lucas looked up to the true blood and smiled warmly. Jungkook mirrored his expression. He loved how they didn't need to exchange much words in order to communicate. It was freeing really.
Jungkook found himself sitting down as well, taking a biscuit from the coffee table before them which Lucas might have found somewhere in the kitchenette. Sometimes he forgets he buys things but never eats them. The biscuit had a strawberry cream filling inside, and it was brought purposefully for Taehyung's random visits. They were his favorite.
Now, Jungkook was busy admiring the way Lucas looked effortlessly mesmerizing as he ate the sweets, watching the cartoon with crinkles in his eyes and laughing at something that has to be funny but Jungkook couldn't know. His eyes were fixed on the black haired wolf with both admiration and ease.
He was so happy someone like Lucas was by his side.

"You should shower. You stink." He ended up saying while reaching for another biscuit. Maybe he should buy more of these for himself as well. He deserves some sugar intake from time to time, don't you think?

"Hm you're probably right." Lucas shoved the last piece into his mouth and got up, stretching with a groan. Jungkook could distinctly hear the bones popping back into place. It would've made him cringe but he only laughed at the tall wolf. "Can I use yours?"

Jungkook only gestured with his hands to where the bathroom was. Lucas smiled and Jungkook had to hold back a strangled noise that threatened to come out of his mouth when the beta leaned down and place a little peck on his right cheek.

"Cute."

-