53

The morning after, Jimin was leaving.

The train was departing at 8 and it was currently 6 and a half in the morning.

Jimin had already bid farewell to everyone, luggage in hand and waiting by his father's car who was going to drive him to the train station.

Jimin had called Jungkook in the early hours of morning, asking him if he could come see him off.
Jimin desperately needed the presence of his best friend who's been by his side his entire life. But seeing as this wasn't a possibility as of now, Jimin was asking for Jungkook.
His new brother figure.

A few minutes later, Jungkook was waving the blonde goodbye as the car drove farther away.

"You're a great friend, Jungkook."

A warm hand on his shoulder with the praise coming from his Alpha had Jungkook turning to face the older with a shy smile.

"Jimin is a wonderful friend as well." The younger replied. "He'll be treated well there."

"Bangtan is known for their hospitality and generosity. Jimin is not only gone as a guest from Lupus but as a new part of their family. I'm sure of he will be more than well taken care of."

Jungkook nodded eagerly. Jimin was indeed a part of his family now.

"Thank you for taking care of Taehyung as well." Namjoon added with a sincere tone. "I'm glad he's staying with you. We had planned to move him from the dorms already. Now that Jimin is gone, there's no need for him to go back there alone."

"I know he's staying in my apartment for now," Jungkook started, "but I want to be clear that I will not force him to stay him If he decides to go."

Namjoon smiled.

"Taehyung is very lucky to have you, you know?" Jungkook couldn't say anything to that, doubting it.
"His things are already moved back to his room in the house. He's free to come back or stay with you and if that's the case," he offered the younger his hand, "then here."

Jungkook looked down to see his apartment's keycard dangling from the Alpha's fingers. It was a copy.

-

Taehyung had woken up.
He woke up the minute Jungkook's phone rang and he knew who the caller was.

As he was staring from the window, watching his best friend leave for an undetermined amount of time, Taehyung wanted to cry.

For once, he wanted the salty tears to come out of his eyes and spill down in a puddle of sadness. He wanted the wetness to make him feel miserable for fighting with his soulmate.
Taehyung still isn't the least okay with Jimin's departure. He was against it in all forms and ways and still is. But maybe it wasn't the cause that made him against it. Maybe it was the consequences.
Jimin going to his mate's side wasn't what Taehyung was arguing about. He was arguing about the end result.
Taehyung was well aware of his personal problems and how they affected not only him but his entourage as well. He was a burden and he knew it.
But he would never want Jimin to become like him.
He wants his Jimin to remain a happy, bubbly, loving sunshine.
And he doubted this would still be the case once he comes back from the south.

Still, Taehyung knew he had no right to mess things up. Jimin told him about his departure because he trusts him and needs his support. How unfortunate that Taehyung proved him wrong.
And it weighed down on the brunette immensely.

Taehyung was still looking out. His brother's form apparent from where he was watching him converse with Jungkook.

Ah Jungkook...

Another reason the alpha was beating himself up. Jungkook just doesn't understand how much his well treatment is crushing the younger.
Jungkook's bright supportive self takes Taehyung to dangerous heights. And that's what scares him the most.
Taehyung was wondering just how far he's willing himself to fly with the older until they crash drown inevitably.

Only he doesn't have to think about it much.
After all, the guilt, the self hate, the attachement issues and the anger were all there to prevent the flight from happening in the first place.

-

When Jungkook entered his apartment, he didn't have to look for his mate to know he was gone.

He got used to the fresh scent of pine trees and honey that it was easier to track its lack thereof.

What surprised him though was the arranged bedding and the cleared dishes.
Taehyung had cleaned the dishes they used yesterday and made the bed before leaving.
Jungkook's laptop was now sitting on his desk and even the clothes the brunette had borrowed to sleep in were put in the basket.

Jungkook smiled, opening the bedside table's drawer and dumping the copy key there.
He went to his desk and sat, opening up his laptop and starting on his assignments.
Afterall, classes were starting tomorrow.

-

In a similar position, Taehyung was hunched over his book of Criminal law, highlighting articles and verifying information to add to his essay.

He was in the midst of writing a nice conclusion so he can finally finish this up when his bedroom door creaked open.

"Hi cousin."

"Yeonjun." He replied, eyes still glued to his laptop and hands working on the keyboard.

"Woah, sometimes I forget you actually study." Yeonjun commented upon seeing the mountain of books and papers laying messily all over the older's working area. "And you really are opposites, huh." He added still eyeing Taehyung's bedroom layout.

"The fuck are you talking about."

Yeonjun snickered, amused by the grumble of his cousin that was barely focusing on him as his attention was on the lit up screen before him.

"Jungkook."

"What about him?" He snapped immediately.

"Damn. Why so sensitive, cuzz?"

Taehyung suddenly turns around after slamming his laptop shut

"What do you want, Yeonjun? Why don't you go annoy aunt Choi? I bet she misses you dearly."

Yeonjun scowled thinking of their aunt who raised him.
Yeonjun lived both here and abroad only because aunt Choi wanting him to break from his shell and discover the world—apparently he needed that more than having a nice normal life in his pack—paying for everything and sending him off again everytime he came back. Yeonjun had a love-hate relationship with his aunt though he's forever grateful for her moral support and endless source of income he didn't really need anymore.

"She's teaching Soobin knitting."

Taehyung was the one snickering now.

"Maybe you should go help the poor boy, if he stays there for more than a day she'll turn him into a nice suitable maiden."

"Don't mention it. She still thinks someone cursed me and my hair is turning blue from a spreading illness."

"Mother Goddess. Are you dying, Yeonjunie?" Taehyung gasped in exaggeration.

The boy flipped him off and turned on his heels, speeding off to save his mate from the clutches of the old woman before she turned his innocent mind into mush.

-