You take mine, I take yours

Nick was sitting on hiscouch watching some action movie -since with the rainy weatheroutside you couldn't really do anything else on a day off- when hiscellphone rang.
Picking it up, he saw that it was Ellie who wascalling, so he answered the call.

"Hey, Bishop, what's up"he asked her, and was answered with a moment of silence.

"Youhome?" she hesitantly asked, so he immediately replied with a"yes", wondering even more why she called now.

What she said next,however, he hadn't expected to hear.
"I'm in front of yourdoor."

At that, the Latino quickly ended the call and racedto his front door.
Opening it, he came face to face with Ellie whowas soaked to the bone.

"Holy shit, Ellie! What were youdoing outside in weather like this?" he wanted to know as he movedaside a bit and motioned for her to come in, which she did while shegave him an answer to his justified question.

"Well, itwasn't raining yet when I went for a run. But then it just startedpouring, and I was closer to your apartment than mine... so here Iam," she told him a bit sheepishly while taking notice of theOklahoma State sweatshirt he was wearing. It had previously belongedto her until she sorted it out a few days ago along with a lot ofother stuff to donate it and he had claimed it for himself.
However,the blonde chose not to comment on his outfit, liking the way itlooked on her co-worker.
Nick nodded at her explanation and staredat her, looked at her hair and clothes that were so drenched she wasdripping onto his floor, creating small water puddles.

"I'llget you some dry clothes," he offered, and went into his bedroom toget them as soon as she saw her nod.
There was no way he'd let herstay in her own clothes, or else she'd most likely catch acold.

Coming back with one of his shirts and sweatpants aftermaking a quick trip to the bathroom as well, he handed them to her asshe gave him a grateful smile.
"Thanks."

"I put atowel in the bathroom for you, so feel free to take a hot shower andthen change.
You can hang your clothes up to dry," the Latinotold her and was met with another smile on her lips as she did as hesuggested.

Taking off her soaked clothes and hanging them overthe heater after squeezing most of the water out over the sink, shestepped into the shower and quickly rinsed herself off with hot waterbefore she dried herself off and put on Nick's clothes.

Looking at herself in themirror, it was obvious that they were a bit too big on her, which shehad expected, but it still felt wonderful to be in warm, dry clothingnow.
She quickly dried of her hair a bit before going back intoNick's living room, where she found him on the couch with two cups ofwarm tea.

When he saw her come towards him, he handed her oneof the mugs after she sat down next to him and informed her that heordered take-out for the both of them.

"Feel better now?"he asked and was met with a nod as the blonde nipped at hertea.
Pulling her bare feet under her, she covered the lower partof her body with the blanket that was laying on the sofa.

Meanwhile,the Latino looked at her, his co-worker for now unaware of hisstaring.
He was glad that she showed up at his place, that theywere spending time together... he always enjoyed her presence, whichhe told himself had nothing to do with his feelings for her...or atleast that's what he tried to convince himself of.
Clearing histhroat, drawing her attention to him, he offered for her to stay athis place since it was already late in the afternoon.
"You cansleep here if you like and then I can drive you back to your placetomorrow," he suggested calmly and was surprised when along with athanks, she placed her hand on his in gratitude.
The touch onlylasted for a second before she pulled back again, but now Nick waseven more certain that he was only lying to himself about hisnon-existent feelings for the blonde.
Such a simple touch of handshad never evoked such a feeling within him, and he couldn't deny thathe wanted a touch like that between them again, and more.

Butfor now, he suppressed that longing, swallowed it down his throatwith the tea he drank while they watched a movietogether.

________________________________________________________________________________

Twodays later after work, when the two of them were the only ones leftin the bullpen, both already ready to leave, he remembered that hestill had the clothes she left at his place in his backpack, so hetook them out and went to stand in front of her desk to give themback to her.

Ellie took them from him, -their fingers brushingagainst each other for a second- before she thanked him again.
"Thankyou again for the other day," she said, but was met with adismissing wave of his hand.

"Don't mention it!" he toldher with a small smile as he watched her shoulder her bag, and aftera quick goodnight to Nick, move in the direction of theelevator.

Before she got farther than six feet though, hecalled out to her to stop her, in result making her turn around toface him once more.
"I was just wondering, do I also get myclothes back?" he inquired.

At his question, a smug smirkmade its way onto her face, eyes glinting a bit.
"No," shereplied in a convinced tone of voice and was satisfied to find asurprised look on his face at that, brows pulled up with wide eyesand his mouth slightly opened, clearly not having expected thatanswer.

"You have my sweatshirt that I wanted to donate, soI'm gonna keep your shirt and sweatpants in return," Ellie added toher statement, after which she finally made her way to the elevatorwithout taking a second longer to look at his facial expression.

Asthe elevator doors closed, a perplexed and stunned Nick was leftstanding there, staring after the blonde in disbelief.