Partner

Hawa POV:

I sat in class impatiently, waiting for the teacher to finish her long lecture on human bodies. Why couldn't time go any faster? I never cared about Human bodies, it's not like I'll ever be a doctor  or something. 

"Hey, look the ugly rag face is here!" Ashadiyah sneered softly to her minions, only audible for me to hear. "I wonder how ugly she looks under those rags." Abirah and Abish, her minions laughed along with her. 

Ashadiyah was the greatest bully in school who always liked to pick on me. Yes me, because I wore something utterly different compared to the other girls in school.

I rolled my eyes, "Like I care about your opinion!" I muttered not looking at them. 

"GIRLS!" Ms. Abad yelled, her eyes snapping at their direction. All eyes were on them trying to due to their class disruption. I was glad I was wearing a niqab, and thanks to it the teacher couldn't see my mouth moving when I talked. Yeah, take that Ashadiyah, the perks of being a niqabi. In your face!

"Oh Hawa, we'll finish this later after class is done." Ashadiyah seethed coldly when Ms. Abad looked away proceeding with her lecture.

I rolled my eyes. "Like the usual, always chasing after me. Don't you have a life or something to keep you busy?" I yawned tiredly, leaning against the hard glass wall beside my desk and impatiently tapping my desk with my surface pen.

"Mind you own business bitch." She sneered. 

"Uh-oh no swearing, haraam!" I tootted, clicking my tongue. 

Her anger was bubbling, and I could feel it. She slammed her surface pen and tablet down on her desk harshly with a loud thud. Ms. Abad looked up at her sternly again with utmost irritation, "Ashadiyah, is something wrong?" 

"No Miss." She said defeatedly, slumping back on her chair. I internally chuckled.

"If everything is fine then I want you to listen carefully and stop disturbing the class." Ms. Abad glared at her coldly. My attention was now diverted to the teacher, and I wondered how she had the energy to move her mouth under the duration of seven hours class period without breaking a sweat. Nah, actually... I think she was sweating right now! 

Right now, I couldn't careless about what she was utteing-- I was watching her mouth move in slow motion rather then what she was really saying. Yes, I was those kind of people at this moment!

 "So listen carefully, I will not repeat myself again!" She yelled, breaking me out of my trance, and a few students who dozed off were now jolted awake preparing themselve for the upcoming wrath that awaited them after class. "I will divide you guys up into groups for the next assignment and you are stuck with them for the rest of the semester. I don't want to hear any complains or buts or ifs. If your partner is not participating, you come and talk to me. Understood?" 

"Yes." We all groaned nonchalantly. Being divided in groups was the worst part in Ms. Abads class according to the rumors, apparently she made you face your biggest fears. Well my biggest fear was working with guys, I hated their guts. 

"So let's begin... Ashadiyah and Adam, Ilyas and Abish." She continued looking into her long list of papers that almost reached the floor. Adam and Ilyas let out a long groan of irritation. I mean who wouldn't be upset working with the most evil person in the world like Ashadiyah. "Hawa and Huzaifah..." 

No. 

This can't be happening. I couldn't work with a guy. I cannot! This is just too haraam! Even though I worked with him yesterday, Safoora and the girls were there but this was completely different.