Tears

Safoora POV:

Gliding quietly down the busy streets bustling with citizens, I headed home after school. The kingdom blasted with the loud chatters and noises blaring from speedy cars, glowing devices and the billboards that continued to to blast their unnerving rackets tangling the city into a ball of choas.

I hurriedly shoved myself through the crowded sidewalk as I scrambled to get home under the stormy clouds that showered droplets of rain all over my silhouette. With Surah-Fussilat blasting loudly through my headphones, I tried to ignore the pain that swelled up my feet and back. I had walked a few miles from school and all my brittle body desired to do was to collapse on the rainy puddled pathway and give up in life.

At last, I had arrived at my doorstep breathing heavily. I took a moment to stare at our futuristic house that was repeatedly modernized with installation from the outside but the core was slowly decaying as years led on.

For the last few days, I had camped out in Huzaifah's peaceful abode for the fear of facing the paranormal phantom haunting my house and Abu Hurairah's continous suffocating wrath of mental torture. However, after the third day Huzaifah had strictly kicked me out of his house saying I was not a baby anymore, I was a wife now. I needed to mature up and take care of my husband and learn to collaborate with him.

With a long sigh of hesitation, I unlocked the front door with my set of keys and stepped inside cautiously. My heartbeat accelerated and pulsed roughly through my nerves as I frantically glanced around expecting a demon to step out from the shadows and pounce at me brutally.

As I listened closely, barks of laughter echoed from upstairs emitting from the mouths of multiple different people. I scowled, as irritation and anger scorched in my head sending my heart palpitating violently against my ribs.

Fuming in anger, I stomped upstairs aggressively to thrash my husband. I entered the living room finding Paxton, Hexley and Xan sitting there on the sofa laughing their heads off as they shared their own set of inside jokes. Abu Hurairah was nowhere to be found amongst them. Did he just freaking leave them in the house alone with me?

As soon as their devilish eyes set on my fuming appearance, their laughters eventually evaporated into thin air. "Safoora, welcome home!" Paxton taunted, his lips turning upwards into a fiendish smirk.

"Well, that's what my husband is suppose to say not his stupid trashy 'friend'." I spat with disgust, ready to pounce on my enemy and butcher him to pieces. Yes, really tiny tiny pieces to be precise!

Suddenly, two cold hands tightly gripped my shoulders holding me  back in place before Satan had time to whisper in my ears. "If you have a problem with my decision, leave the house or simply lock yourself in the bedroom. You know the rule!" My husband's furious voice hissed in my ear.

"You," I turned around fiercely to face him, gritting my teeth as rage scorched in my hot head. "You demon!"

Abu Hurairah's narrowed eyes scanned through his friends before he harshly dragged me to the deserted kitchen by the arm. "Not in front of my friends." He hissed.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, his mighty and exalted reputation was on the line!

Once we were both inside the kitchen away from their attention, Abu Hurairah glared at me. "What's all the fuss about?"

"Get them out!" I ordered fiercely, balling my fist.

"Nope." He shook his head, "That's your problem and this is my house. It wouldn't be fair!"

"Might I remind you, I'm your wife which means this again becomes your problem." 

He nodded with an icy glare, "Exactly. So I'm telling you-- either go to your room or outside. There you go, problem solved."