Bliss

Safoora POV:

Sitting in my living room, I practiced the previous chapter of the Quran patiently with eloquence. My voice floated tunefully around the room creating a melodious atmosphere. Amira sat beside me listening to my recitation, testing me with utter forbearance, biting her nails and gazing at my quran attentively as I made attempts to revive my Quran back to life.

Mom was on babysitting duty since Hawa was out to university, and Huzaifah to Med school. Harun was in his portable car seat napping, while Musa decided to wrestle the daylight out of his clown doll and scold the poor old thing in gibberish. Blathering nonsense, Musa frowned and slapped the clown harshly across his face and punched it a few more times.

"Wow, Hawa's kid is something." Amira laughed, gazing humorously and Musa.

I nodded with a smile. "Yeah,"

"Won't be surprised if he becomes a wrestler."

"Yeah," I laughed. "I doubt Musa will be a doctor like the rest of us. Even if he does, don't blame him when he cuts your bladder up and sews it with your lungs instead." I smirked. "He just doesn't look like the type."

"Aww, Hawa's kids are just so adorable. This is cuteness overload!" Amira cooed, picking Musa up in her arms and placing him on her lap, mesmerized by his adorability. Musa squinted his eyes fearfully at her foreign face and immediately began bawling, tears streaming down his face. He glanced at me and extended his hand out with panic, indicating that I must carry him before any misfortunes took place.

I abruptly took him in my arms and kissed his adorable cheeks. "Sorry Amira, baby Musa doesn't trust strangers. Right, baby?" I smacked a sloppy kiss on his cheeks. Musa gazed at Amira shyly before hiding his face in the crook of my neck, and secretly peeking at her with his face hidden in my hijab.

"I wonder when you'll get one." Amira teased, pinching Musa's cheeks.

"When Allah bestows his mercy upon thy."

"Oh come on, Safoora. I can't wait for a mini you. I'll be an auntie, coming every now and then to spoil--"

My hand immediately shot out to stop her mid-sentence. "Woah, woah, woah, Amira, Amira, dear. Don't go too far ahead!" I smirked. "I could say the same, we need a husband for you--"

Amira crossed her hands over her chest and turned her face away with a frown. "Hmph! And where shall I get this ideal husband from? Is there a bazaar that sells all these husband materials labelling all their extensive qualities and ill traits--"

"Well, too bad. We need a husband for you." I clapped my hands in determination, "And, we'll get it. We can do this, Amira. We can do this!"

"No can do, sis." Amira smiled, getting up from her chair and slinging her purse over her shoulders. "Nice to meet you today, though. Don't think I can come to visit again since I've got uni starting. Come visit home when you can, okay?" She reached over to me and embraced for a long considerable time reminding me of our everlasting friendship. A sorrowful atmosphere notified us that we won't be meeting each other like we did before. Back then we had it easy; we were dellusional kids, but now we were adults forced to chose our own paths for eternity. 

"I can't believe this," I half cried, half laughed. "I wake up and people tell me I'm seas away from home. It hurts me, gives me the foreign feeling you know. I still can't get use to this humid place."

"Aww, come visit me when you can. You'll feel better." Amira patted my cheeks, before heading towards the door.

"Amira, leaving already?" Mom asked tiredly with a broom in hand.