Chapter 49: Game On

Start from the beginning

Perfect.

Anne's POV:

The pain engulfed me, tearing into my ribs and up behind my lungs.

I knew this pain.

They're coming. Shit.

I eyed the room and then the window, they began to poke through the skin and Michael worriedly held my waist running his other hand over them, "They're going to sprout." I said eyeing the window longer.

Michael looked around the room, "You'll break the walls down Anne. Go, go outside." He said pointing to the door.

He's right, last time they came out I had no control of their strength or where they opened, it was dangerous.

I won't make it down the stairs quick enough though.

Running my hand over the ring, I felt the pressure inside me, they're going to burst. Fuck!

Jumping off the bed, I sprinted and jumped into the window, the glass shattering and the release of my wings struck. I crashed into a tree but my wings picked me back up and I soared, straight into the pool.

Great landing Anne. Really.

Kilana's POV:

I heard the sound, like a loud crushing or crashing sound, it hit like metal on cement.

Running down the stairs, I heard the others doors open and then Michael shouting "Anne!" Which only terrified me more.

Hurrying down to the backyard, I shoved the doors open and there she was.

Anne stepped out the pool with her eyes an unbelievably bright grey, her nightgown was stuck to her body soaked. But behind her, dragging from out the water were two massive pairs of wings.

She gave us all a small smile, "Sorry, a bit of a surprise." She said while Valdus ran out and looked to her sighing softly. Michael moved up from behind me and held a towel up to her chest. She blushed and thanked him before he began checking her wings, "No aches? That was a hard fall." He said giving her a warning look.

Anne nodded, "I crashed into a tree. It was pool or the new homes and I hated to think of ruining our hard work." She laughed and he smirked up at her.

Thomas's hand took mine and I felt like I could breathe again, "She's remarkable." I said softly while he gave a grin, "That parts from me. She just gets your looks." Such a cocky bastard.

I grinned and gave his shoulder a small nudge.

The thought of Nevana crossed my mind, she would've been so proud. Squeezing Thomas's hand harder, he looked down at me and kissed the top of my head.

"Everyone get the fuck out. Everyone come on. Time to pack and get out! We have to leave now!" Lincoln shouted as he pushed passed us all.

He was a frantic kid, and grabbed Anne's hand, "We have to go now! Now Anne." He said staring into her eyes.

She held his stare and looked to Thomas who gave a small nod.