20. Trust

Look at how far we got, I would have never thought. Look all around you, I'm so lucky I found you. Look how you made your way. Wasn't it worth the wait? Look all around you, Lucky I found you. - Alina Baraz

♡♡

Wang Zhuo Cheng returned to the interrogation room, looked through the glass window, and saw Officer WU arguing with Meng Yao. They both seemed to be stressed out. Zhuo Cheng rolled his eyes, staring at his bruised face from the last confrontation. He wanted to hit him again and make him talk but after 24 hours they still could not locate Wang Hao Xuan.

Zhuo Cheng intervened. He looked at officer WU with confidence. "I'll take it from here." He lightly smiled.

"Let's talk outside." Officer WU came out, while Zhuo Cheng followed him. Meng Yao saw his feet sitting on the chair. He looked at both of them from the front and from the side.

"How is Xiao Zhan?" Mr. WU asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

Wang Zhuo Cheng had not mentioned anything to him about Xiao Zhan's pregnancy. Actually, he didn't know how to do it. He hoped Xiao Zhan would be discharged and that he would tell him himself.

"It's all right, there's not much to worry about. Wang Yibo is taking good care of him. Zhuo Cheng's eyebrows were furrowed at the mention of Wang Yibo's name

"Thank God! He didn't look well at all when I last saw him." Mr. WU smiled with relief. He felt a great weight lift from his shoulders.

"Well... that's not all, there's more." Zhuo Cheng walked around wondering if He should tell him. Okay, he definitely couldn't hold back anymore. "He... is also pregnant."

"W-What?" Mr. WU's scandalous behavior froze. He couldn't believe it. This situation had happened before, and he was afraid for Xiao Zhan. "Are you sure? Did they do any tests?"

"Wang Yibo told me everything. As you can imagine, he's the father of the child. But why do you look like you've seen a ghost or something?" He raised an eyebrow.

Mr. WU  reflected and contemplated whether to tell Wang Zhuo Cheng. He had not told Xiao Zhan either. He preferred not to, he had to talk to a professional first. Officer WU leaned sadly against the wall, he needed to see Xiao Zhan.

"It's nothing. Go take care of Meng Yao, but don't kill him. He'll serve his time."

"Yes sir, I'll keep you informed." Zhuo Cheng stretched out his arms. "You should talk to them. Things seem more complex now that there's a baby on the way."

"I'll be sure to do so."

After the news that they would both be parents, Xiao Zhan decided not to touch the subject

After the news that they would both be parents, Xiao Zhan decided not to touch the subject. Even if Yibo made some mention of the pregnancy, Xiao Zhan ignored it. He didn't want to know anything about it, because he really didn't know what to do. Everything was very difficult for him. Not in a million years would he have thought that something like this could happen to him. He was worried. One of the many things his father taught him was that family was everything, so Xiao Zhan was prepared to support a baby at any cost, but having a baby himself is a completely different story.