17. Distraught

"My hearts already chose you, it's so scary thinking I could lose you, that you will turn and walk away. Maybe I win maybe I lose, but nevertheless, I'm in love with you." - SPRING GANG

•••

Wang Yibo laughed, not believing Xiao Zhan's words. He turned his eyes forward, looking at the ceiling with a smile from ear to ear waiting for his beloved to tell him he was joking.

His smile gradually disappeared, realizing it never happened.

He looked back at his beloved's eyes; Xiao Zhan's broken gaze took his breath away. A lump formed  within his throat, and his burning chest made him rise abruptly from the bed.

It can't be...

"Y-Yibo, I'm sorry..." He heard Xiao Zhan's broken voice "But there is something else you should know! Meng Yao has been working for Wang Hao Xuan!"

"You..." Yibo muttered, not paying attention to Zhan's words.

"I swear I wanted to tell you, but..."

"You're a damn hypocrite." Yibo hissed.

"It was-..."

Wang Yibo pushed the nightstand abruptly, causing the glass lamp to crash against the floor

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Wang Yibo pushed the nightstand abruptly, causing the glass lamp to crash against the floor. The strong impact startled Xiao Zhan.

"LEAVE! I don't want to see you again!"

Xiao Zhan, being reluctant to leave him

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Xiao Zhan, being reluctant to leave him. tried to approach him however, Yibo knocked his hand away and pushed it. Xiao Zhan lost his balance and stepped onto the broken glass.

Yibo tried to reconsider but no doubt, seeing the other with blood... made his blood burn with fervor.

"Ow!.." Xiao Zhan winced with pain. Looking at the blood under his feet. Wang Yibo tensed up as he saw what he unwillingly did. He clenched his jaw as he cursed at himself over and over again.