A Lovely Gift

I sat down on our shared bed with a sigh, Cody following.

"Is everything alright?" He asked softly, tilting his head at me.

I gave him a glance before staring at my feet. "(B/n)...h-he told me that you and I should break up. Which I don't plan on doing." I added quickly before he could intervene. "But I just...." I clenched my teeth. "The way he fucking said it. He's never acted like this before! Never in my life has he-!"

I watched Cody's fists curl out of the corner of my eye. Crap.

"C-Cody...?" I asked softly.

"I knew something was off about him." He stated through clenched teeth. "I knew it. He didn't act like the rest of your friends. He's off. Talking to you more. Touching you more."

"I just don't understand it!" I sighed, leaning my head against his shoulder. He visibly relaxed, wrapping an arm around me. I stared down at his opposite hand. I furrowed my brows into a glare. "He asked why I picked you. That there were so many other....options..." I grimaced at the word, "for me to choose from. That I should plan ahead." I hid my face in Cody's shoulder, whispering to myself. "What does that even mean...?"

He brought me in for a full embrace. "I don't know how you'd like to handle this, but I'm here. He does not get to ruin your special day. I won't let it happen. I love you."

I sighed. "I've been forcing you to watch too many anime's."

"Wha- HEY!" He pulled back with a playful glare and I giggled in response.

"I love you too, dork." I leaned up to peck his cheek, but he turned his head for a kiss on the lips. I made a sound of surprise, but kissed back immediately after. It was short and sweet as we pulled away, and he smiled down at me.

"Do you want to continue seven minutes in heaven?" He asked quietly.

I nodded. "I feel a lot better now. Thanks, Cody."

"Anytime, (Y/n)." He beamed. "Now come on!"

Taking my hand, he lifted me up off the bed and dragged me down the stairs. I giggled with him as we slid on the tile floor in our socks, trying to grip the ground again. We ran up to the party room door and Cody burst the wood down.

"THE PRINCESS HAS ARRIVED!"

"WHAT ARE YOU, CHAT NOIR?!"

"Babe shut up I'm trying to do something here."

"Uh-Huh."

We walked in as the room laughed, the two of us smiling. Cody closed the now half-on-its-hinges-door (seriously, how strong is he?!) and sat down in his original spot with me in tow.

"You guys came in at the perfect time." Dan grinned, placing the hat down on the floor. "Maxx is going in the closet with (F/n)."

I raised a brow. "Uhhh....which one?" I chuckled lightly.

He rolled his eyes. "Ours. Mr. I hit things for a living."

"I thought we agreed that nickname was a no no?!" Said Danziger huffed.

"Well it's too late now." Dan shrugged before returning to a sinister sneer. "Now get in the spicy room you two!"

He shoved both persons into the closet - a lot more carefully with (F/n) than with Maxx - and slammed the door shut. He locked it quickly and grinned, calling through the wood. "Don't get too heated in there! Seven minutes start now!"

He giggled as he walked away from the door to sit down. "Those two are in love and they know it."

"Are they the next SIO couple?" I asked as I looked the remaining boys in the band.