Always Here for You

Cody and I heaved, finally making it to the front desk. It was a different girl from this morning, only making my heart pound harder and my foot tap faster. Glancing at the time, the clock read  8:04 pm.

I turned back to the lady at the desk. "Ma'am, is there any way I can stay here overnight? (F/n) (F/ln) is going under operation at 9:30 tonight and I need to be there." I begged with desperate eyes.

She looked at me for a moment before looking back at some paperwork on her desk and answering in a monotone voice. "It's past visiting hours. I can't let you stay here for any longer. Please leave the premises before I call security."

I looked at Cody, silently pleading for help. He nodded and turned back to the woman.

"Miss, if the information is not handed to the doctors-"

"File out the information here and we will take care of it separately." She replied, still not looking up from her desk as she handed Cody a clipboard.

Cody furrowed his brows and huffed, letting go of my hand and searching his pockets. When he pulled out his wallet, I widened my eyes. I unconsciously grabbed his wrist, looking him dead in the eyes as his expression softened every so slightly, yet still determined.

"Cody...don't..." I shook my head. "I'll do it-"

"No." He said sternly. "I know exactly what you're feeling and thinking, and I don't want this to end up the way it did for me."

My eyes started to gloss over as newfound tears brimmed my eyes. "...thank you..."

He smiled softly. "Of course."

I let go of his arm and watched as he shuffled through his wallet, pulling out a hundred dollar bill, two twenties and a ten. He slammed the money down on the desk and looked the lady straight in the eye with one of the coldest glares I've seen him use. The lady looked up at him, then the money, and then back at him.

"150," Cody said coldly. "And we stay."

She stared at him a moment longer before grabbing the phone. I glanced at Cody with fearful eyes, but his glare on the woman only hardened.

"Dr. Olsson, I have two immediate family members of (F/n) (F/ln) that wish to stay for the operation."

Cody and I widened our eyes, glancing at each other with bright smiles.

"Alright, I'll let them know. Thank you."

As the lady hung up her phone she looked back at Cody. "Keep the money, you seem very close to her. She's lucky to have people like you in her life. Good luck."

Cody smiled, pocketing the money as I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much, ma'am."

"It's not a problem." She smiled softly.

Cody grasped my hand, beaming as we ran back to (F/n)'s room together.

After catching an elevator and running back down the halls, I flung the door open and rushed over to (F/n), beaming.

She gasped and smiled brightly. "(Y/n)!"

I grasped her hand again. "I told you I wasn't leaving here until you were okay."

"Thank you...thank you...!" She teared up again as she held my hand with both of hers.

"Don't thank me." I shook my head, looking back at Cody and smiling thankfully. "Thank him."

Cody blushed, laughing it off. "It was nothing, really."

"Sure." I laughed, leaning over and kissing his cheek. "Thank you." I whispered softly.

I pulled away, turning back to (F/n) as we gave each other knowing smiles. I winked at her and mouth "yes", to which she lit up and giggled lightly.

I chuckled and shook my head, bringing the chair back up and sitting beside her. I looked back up at Cody and motioned to the chair beside me. "You're staying here too. After all that I can't push you away from helping me."

He smiled lightly and took the chair next to me, beginning to chat with (F/n).

~13:08 | Cody's P.O.V.~

I heard a small creak beside me, and light flooded the room. I grunted, lifting my head up and looking over at the door. A man in a blue gown and mask peered inside.

"(F/n) (F/ln)?" He asked.

I widened my eyes. "Oh. Y-yeah."

"You two are here for the operation?" He asked again, walking in completely with a tray full of medical tools.

"Yes, we are." I nodded.

"I have to ask that the both of you stay in the waiting room during the operation." He stated, then paused and looked up at me. "Do you know if she has separation anxiety?"

It was almost like he knew...

"Y-yes, to her sister." I nodded again.

"I see." The doctor nodded. "I'm afraid you must wait in the waiting room until the operation is done. Miss (F/n) will be put under anesthesia, and will be perfectly safe. When (F/n) is put back in the recovery room, you may visit her again.

"Thank you, sir." I nodded again.

He smiled through his mask and nodded back. "I'll see you then."

I nudged (Y/n) lightly. "(Y/n)." I whispered. "(Y/n), wake up."

She groaned softly, snuggling into my shoulder more. "Five....more minutes...."

I sighed, chuckling and shaking my head. I moved carefully and managed to pick her up bridal style. I turned over towards the door and smiled softly at the doctor.

"Thank you again." I whispered.

"Of course." He smiled back.

I walked out the door, moving to close it when I heard the doctor chuckle.

"You two make a very good couple."

I blushed heavily. Everyone thinks we're dating... "Th-Thank you, sir."

After closing the door I sighed, looking down and smiling lightly at (Y/n)'s peaceful expression as she slept.

"Too cute..." I mumbled, kissing her forehead before heading off to the waiting room.