Her Past

"So what's your backstory, (Y/n)?" Austin asked.

I sighed and set down my cup of water.

"It's not all that great or anything. Not saying anything bad happened to me or something! It's just...I don't know. My life's pretty dull..." I looked down at the table sadly.

"You're the happiest person I know, how would your life be so dull?" Cody asked.

I blushed lightly. "Th-Thanks Cody. I just...*sigh*. I've never been all that social, really. I was always quiet, the kid in the back of the class that wouldn't talk. I was never up for conversation either. I didn't even have any friends. Back then my anxiety was so strong and overpowering. I felt like if I even took a breath I was doing something wrong or upsetting someone. I was afraid. I was afraid of rejection, screwing up, people...I was just so afraid of everyone. At one point during my sulking and sadness I began to think too deep. My thoughts were clouded by some horrible things...I never cut or anything I just thought life wasn't worth it. But one day when I was on Spotify, a random song popped up. It was a song called "You Are Loved" by Set it Off...it was so reassuring. It made me feel better about myself, made me think I mattered. So I bought the album, and more and more, eventually buying all of them. They made me smile. For the first time in a long time I smiled. I was happy for once. I've always wanted to thank you guys for what you've done for me...so thank you. And I know this is dark but I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for your songs. Just keep reassuring people, keep showing them that they matter. And maybe one day you might actually save someone's life...it saved mine, anyways..."

I looked up and around the table sadly, a single tear rolling down my cheek. "I-I'm sorry I just...I-I-I should probably get out of your way. I'm only-"

"(Y/n)..." Cody said softly.

I looked back up at him. He was crying lightly but held a soft smile.

"Don't you ever think you aren't worth it." He said.

"Yeah..." Austin replied. "We're here for you, don't think for a second we wouldn't want to help you or think that we don't care about you."

"You're so much fun to be around." Zach said.

"And you're so good at what you do." Maxx cut in.

"Keep listening to that song, (Y/n)." Cody said, holding my hands in his. "Because you really are loved. By so many people."

I smiled and cried softly. "You're the most amazing people I've ever met..."

Cody stood up, pulling me with him. He wrapped me in a hug and soon the others followed. I cried happily into Cody's shoulder and thanked the guys over and over again.

Once we all finally broke apart I wiped away my tears and smiled at them all. I looked around at everyone's sad, tear-stained faces and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What am I gonna do with you boys?"