A Musical Meeting

We never look back,
We're Uncontainable!

I smiled to myself as I listened to my number one favorite band, Set it Off.

I just love their music. Sometimes they're happy and reassuring (take Why Worry for example), and other times they're out for revenge (Hypnotized).

I was walking through the streets of (h/t). Busy area, (h/t). Surprisingly the sidewalks were almost empty. So, with my hands shoved into the pocket of my hoodie, my head down and watching my feet, I listened to some music.

Well, my peace didn't last for long, because I bumped into someone in front of me.

I fell back on my rear, the person across me doing the same. My earbuds left my phone and my music began to blast. I widened my eyes and switched my attention to the person across from me.

They had their hood up so I couldn't really see them. That is until they began to look up slowly.

Oh...my...gosh...

IT'S CODY FREAKIN' CARSON!

I blushed lightly and my eyes grew wider (which I don't know how that was possible). I was trying my best not to scream or hyperventilate; which was extremely hard, mind you.

I realized I had been staring and snapped my head back to my phone. The device had been blaring the song Life Afraid. Embarrassed, I scrambled to turn it off but Cody grabbed it before I could.

He chuckled as he read the title, causing my blush to grow.

How did I not notice how adorable his laugh is?

"So you're a fan?" He asked, pausing my music and standing up.

He lent a hand to me, to which I grabbed and he pulled me up.

I nodded and stuttered. "Y-Yeah."

"What's your name?" Cody asked, still not releasing my hand.

"(Y-Y/n)." I said quietly.

He smiled.

CUUUUUUUTE!!!

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He praised.

I blushed and looked back down to our linked hands. He noticed and quickly let go, shoving his hands back in his pocket. He looked down at the floor and bit his lip.

I slowly put my hands back in my pockets, and realized he still had my phone. I love the fact that you're holding my phone Cody, but I am not letting you steal my most prized possession.

"Um..." I started, he looked back up to me. "I-I kind of need my phone back..."

"Oh, yeah sorry about that." Cody replied, handing me my phone.

Our fingers brushed over each other, and I lingered for a bit. I finally took my phone back and wrapped my earbuds around it. After putting it away, I looked up to see Cody watching me.

"Hey, there's a coffee shop not too far away from here." He said suddenly. "Wanna come with?"

He even seemed to be shocked by his own words. Regaining focus I blushed immensely.