Not the End of Us

I whined as I felt movement in my bed.

No...warmth...come back...

I reached out and made tired grabby hands for Cody with my eyes closed. I heard him laughing before I felt two hands cup my cheeks. I blushed, opening my eyes to see Cody smirking at me.

"You want me back in bed?" He asked cheekily.

"I need waaarrrrmth." I whined, pouting at him. "Pwease?"

He looked at me for a moment before sighing. "As much as I can't resist your pouty face...you need to get up, (Y/n)."

"Whyyyyy."  I groaned, rolling back in bed and facing away from him as I pulled the covers up to my nose. "Hmm hm hm hmhm hm hmhm." I grumbled.

"What was that?" Cody grinned again and rounded the bed to face me.

I huffed and stuck my nose in the air. "Leave me to dreamland, you cretin!" And with that I returned to my cave of blankets.

...until Cody ripped the sheets off the bed.

"CODYYYY!"

"(Y/n), it's-"

"CODY CARSON REFRAIN FROM HAVING SEX WITH THE POOR GIRL FOR ONE SECOND! I DONT WANT TO HEAR MOANING NOISES WHEN WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PRACTICING FOR THE NEW RECORD!"

The two of us flushed, and I immediately jumped up and ran downstairs.

I skidded to a halt and fumed at Zach, the one who shouted at us. "Zach DeWall I'm going to pummel you if you say anything of the sort one last time!!"

"PLEASEDONTKILLME!" He squealed, running to hide behind Dan.

Dan shot his arms up with wide eyes and began to shake. "N-n-not my f-fault!"

"Grrr-!"

I suddenly felt two arms snake around my waist.

"Woah babe, no need to be so rough~"

My entire face was red at this point. "CODY YOU ARENT HELPING!"

Cody burst out laughing, backing up and bending over as he clutched his stomach. I fumed. I was about to burst when Austin came over and rubbed my shoulder reassuringly.

"Just get revenge on him by doing something to his Monster later today." He whispered in my ear. I grinned at him and he smirked as we fist bumped.

Eventually we got everyone to calm down and sit on the couch. Cody and I said we had to tell the gang something, so everyone was sitting attentive and silent as they glanced between the two of us.

"S-so uh...." I bit my lip to think for a moment. "Um...you know when I had to leave yesterday because of a 'family emergency'?" I asked; the boys nodding and murmuring to each other. "So...a really really close friend of mine - practically my sister - ended up in an accident where she works, and was exposed to some extremely harmful chemicals which led her to the hospital. However...." I breathed in and out slowly, trying to stop myself from shaking or crying. I felt a hand on my back, rubbing reassuringly and I looked over at Cody.

He was smiling at me with soft eyes and a comforting smile. It calmed me down a bit, but it caused a new problem for me because now my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to fly out of my chest.

I turned back to the guys. "Well uh...about that...she needs to go to a scientific hospital in Santa Monica. Now it wouldn't be a big deal if her family could taker her, but because her family is so big they can't move very easily. I was the only other reliable source. Which means I need to move in order to take care of her...I-I'm sorry..."

My lip began to quiver and my throat started to close up. I was brought into a hug by Cody which only made it worse as I started to believe this was the last time I would ever see them again. This was the last time I'd see Cody again.

I broke down and sobbed into his shoulder, feeling more people hug me and rub my back or shoulder reassuringly. I was up against Cody's chest and gripping onto his shirt for dear life. I felt as if at any given second all of them would slip through my fingers. I felt so empty and my chest ached at the thought, as sobs wracked violently through my body.

"Hey," I heard Cody call to me breathlessly. He lifted my chin so I would look at him. He wiped away my tears with both hands before caressing my cheeks with his thumbs. "(Y/n), we aren't going anywhere; and we sure as hell won't be forgetting about you any time soon. You're an incredible, beautiful girl with unfathomable talent. I don't even know if it's possible to forget you. You're a part of the band, and we're with you through thick and thin. Okay?"

"He's right, (N/n)." Maxx addressed me and I looked over at him as Cody let go of my cheeks and instead rested his hands around my waist. Maxx had his and on my shoulder as he looked at me with a smile. "We haven't seen talent like you in a while. You best believe we aren't done with you, either."

"I don't even think we can survive without you momming us all the time on the stupid shit we do." Zach grinned, making me giggled a little through my tears.

"Or how much you lighten up the place." Dan cut in. "Your smile is contagious, you're energy and presence alone can light up an entire room, and I really don't think there's been a day that's ever been gloomy when you're around." He gave me a soft smile and rubbed my forearm with sympathy and reassurance.

"And let's not forget how annoyingly humble you are." Austin rolled his eyes with a smile as everyone chuckled softly. "I swear to god all I did was compliment your scales while recording and you went on an entire goddamn tangent about how to you they "actually really sucked"."

I laughed softly and sniffled, wiping away a few stray tears. Cody cupped my cheek and made me look at him again as he smiled down at me. "We aren't going anywhere, (Y/n), and it isn't the end of the world, either. Trust me, I've tried to run away from these idiots before and it's never worked."

"Hey, you implying something there?" Zach glared at Cody.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Shut up."

"Thank you guys...really..." I smiled and wiped away my remaining tears. "I've said it before and I'll say it again."

"I have no idea where I'd be without you."