𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄

ГОВОРЯ К КАПИТАН АМЕРИКА

(TW: EMINENT DEATH THOUGHTS)

PETER TOOK A DEEP BREATH AS HE STEPPED INTO THE GYM. Steve was hitting a punching bag while he moved his feet. Even outside of the loop, Peter knew Steve did that every morning. Steve looked up and seemed surprised to see Peter there. Peter was unable to determine if it was a good or a bad stare.

"What are you doing down here?" Steve asked as he continued punching. Peter decided on a bad surprise.

"I say we just leave now," The Spider said as he circled Steve.

Peter ignored the Spider, "I wanted to... uh talk," Peter said timidly.

"Last time I heard anything similar to that, you told the entire world that Tony and I were having issues," Steve started to punch harder.

"I'm not pulling anything like that," Peter said as he leaned against the wall with his back on it.

"This time," Steve grumbled.

"He is so rude," The Spider grumbled.

"I know I don't deserve it, and what I did to you was horrible, but please hear me out," Peter pleaded. He wasn't one for begging but this was important. This could be his last time talking to Steve. He needed to try to make things right.

Steve's voice was firm and unforgiving, "You have two minutes."

"I am so sorry for everything I did," Peter said, "I know words can never fix this, but-" Steve cut Peter off.

"You're right. Words can't fix anything," Steve snapped.

Peter took a deep breath. He hated it already and he hadn't started, "I want my explanation to help you see why I did what I did. I want you to know that it's nothing I had against you guys," Peter paused for a moment to put his words together. He was beginning to regret having not written a speech, "I have not been myself in a while. I was terrified to come here and face the Avengers again after I basically abandoned you all. That put every part of me on edge. Then as I began to settle in, my fiancé basically ghosted me. I had no idea why at the time, but I suspected that the same damn organization that took our lives from us in the first place was hunting him down, and guess what? I was right. The one time I was hoping I was paranoid, I was right. Then we had dinner. He called me, and I found out they were able to fucking shoot him. You might be thinking that shouldn't be a big deal. We're big strong super-soldier, we get shot all the time, but we don't. We know where the bullets are going to go before they are shot. It scares the absolute shit out of me that they have stuff that can wound us. I have always known that they had ways of stopping us when we get out of control, but I was their main test subject for guns. They never were able to shoot me. If they were able to do more than a graze, what the hell else have they figured out in the last three years?" Peter regained his composure and wiped the tears that had began to roll down his cheeks.