𝐗𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑

УЖИН

PETER HAD STOPPED DRINKING, MOSTLY. He was no longer getting blackout drunk. He was staying sober enough to do some level of monitoring Hydra's movements. He couldn't go full in because then he could be tracked back. He knew better than to risk that. He may be willing to recklessly endanger himself on the daily, but Bucky was far enough ahead of Hydra to where Peter did not have to risk that, yet. He was also ready to go back to Russia in a heartbeat if something was wrong and he could help from there.

He was eating, and apparently, the Avengers had noticed it. They had somehow convinced him to eat dinner with them. He was even showering now. He had forgotten how nice showering was.

After his shower, he pulled on one of Bucky's shirts, yet another that he had taken before leaving Russia. It was maroon and big enough on him to hide the weight he had lost and the scars he had been hiding from almost everyone and himself for years.

He checked his phone to see no new messages from Bucky. It slightly worried him, but he also knew not to lose his mind until he stopped checking in completely for over three days. Peter shoved his phone into his back pocket and took a deep breath.

Peter convinced himself that everything would go smoothly as he walked down the stairs. He could hear the chaos from his tiny bedroom, but it was only getting louder the closer he got to the kitchen. Natasha was cooking, Sam and Clint were chasing each other around, Tony and Rhodey were bickering, and Steve was having some issues with a computer.

"So, uh, how much longer until the food is ready?" Peter asked.

"I'd say about ten more minutes," Natasha said as she closed the oven.

"Oh, okay," Peter mumbled before walking towards the common area. On his way, he pulled out his phone to text Flash,  but he saw a text from Bucky before he could do so.

Keep your phone on, love you.

Peter wasn't sure if that meant Bucky was going to call him, or if it meant he was going to text him. Either way, excitement was building in his chest about getting to talk to and hear his fiancé's voice for the first time in nearly a month and a half. A million questions swirled in his head as he clutched his phone tightly to his chest.