Chapter Twenty-Eight - Годовщина

Anniversary

It took a month or two, but Peter was okay again. He and the Spider could still communicate, but Peter was no longer able to see him, and he had stopped reliving bad memories in random places, so, for the most part, he was okay again. Well, okay in the tortured by an evil organization and forced to kill for them kind of way. Once everything calmed down, Bucky went to get his hair cut. He had been too busy to do it before then.

The two had finally gotten a bigger room with a bigger bed and their own bathroom attached to the room which was convenient when Peter had to shower. He had just gotten out of the shower and put on his underwear as he stopped in front of the mirror. He was on his way to the couple's shared closet, but he was distracted by the scars littered all over his chest and torso. He hadn't walked past a mirror without a shirt in years and it shocked him slightly yo see how much the scars had healed over time.

What was once a large gash stretching from his right shoulder to the middle of his chest, was a light pink bold line. The smaller scars were white and faint, but still noticeable. He trailed a hand over one of the larger ones on his chest.

He felt one cold and one warm arm wrap around him as warmth covered his back. He leaned into Bucky as the taller placed a kiss to the base of his neck. Peter tilted his head as he closed his eyes.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" Bucky whispered as he rested his head in the crook of Peter's neck.

Peter smiled softly, "Someone's tired," he chuckled. Peter intertwined his fingers with Bucky's before pulling the taller's right hand to his lips and pressing a very light kiss to Bucky's knuckles, "Happy anniversary," Peter smiled as he turned around in Bucky's arms. Bucky pressed a soft kiss to Peter's lips.

"I can't believe it's already been three years," Bucky said as he pulled Peter into a hug.

"The best three years," Peter smiled before pecking Bucky's lips, "Go, shower and get that red shirt that looks really good on you," Peter said before going over to their closet.

"Yeah because that is really specific," Bucky smirked as he leaned against the wall watching Peter as he looked through their closet.

"You know the one I'm talking about," Peter said as he kept looking, "The red one that brings out your eyes."

"Only if you wear those jeans that make your ass look great," Bucky said.

"I dunno is that specific enough?" Peter teased him. Bucky rolled his eyes with a fond smile before getting in the shower.

Peter ended up wearing the black jeans that Bucky liked and a camo green button-up while Bucky wore the red button-up shirt Peter was referring to and some jeans.

"Where are we going?" Peter asked as he intertwined his fingers with Bucky's.

"It's a surprise," Bucky said before he placed a kiss on Peter's forehead. Peter smiled faintly as the two walked downstairs.

"Where are you going off to?" Natasha asked. Clint was sitting at the bar with a mouthful of spaghetti. Natasha was making some more food.

"I'm not sure, Bucky, care to answer?" Peter asked with a smirk.

"I'm surprising him," Bucky said, "So obviously I'm not going to say where we are going off to," Bucky looked over at Peter as he said the last part.

"Oh, what's the surprise for?" Natasha asked as she pretended not to notice the fact that Clint was devouring his food like a garbage disposal.

"Anniversary," Peter said as a smile crept onto his lips.

"How long?" Wanda asked as she walked into the kitchen.