𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐅𝐈𝐗𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

ЧТОБЫ ИСПРАВИТЬ

IT TOOK A WEEK FOR PETER TO RECOVER FROM THE ATTACK ON THE TOWER. Granted he would not forgive himself for it anytime soon, but he was having fewer nightmares. However, he still had a bit of trouble focusing.

Bucky and Peter had spent time catching up and getting back in sync with one another. It did not take long, and they had been basically inseparable since Bucky's return. Peter knew Bucky wanted to talk about the attack, but Peter had been shutting him down, not wanting to relive it all. He knew he could not avoid it for much longer.

He left Bucky for the first time since he returned to go downstairs and talk with Tony. He was slightly nervous about leaving Bucky alone, but he did not plan on taking very long.

Peter slowly walked into the common room. He saw Tony sat with Rhodey and Natasha. He knew he did not deserve forgiveness for everything he had done, but he knew Tony deserved the apology. Peter took a deep breath before walking over to him.

"Can we uh talk?" Peter asked timidly. Tony paused for a moment before nodding. The two began walking in a general direction, "I know this isn't anywhere near enough, but I'm sorry..." Peter said.

"Well, you are right on one thing. One 'I'm sorry' isn't going to fix everything," Tony sighed. Peter's eyes fell to the floor. He knew this was coming. He knew Tony was not going to want to see him again, so why did it hurt so much, "But it is a start," he said reassuringly.

"I feel like shit for everything I said and did... Can I um tell you something?" Peter scratched his neck. He was nervous for the first time since he proposed.

"Sure," Tony nodded.

"When I tell you I haven't been myself, I really do mean it," Peter took a deep breath not meeting Tony's eyes, "I still didn't have all of my memories and I was missing the only thing I knew could pull me out of certain... states. Not to mention the psychological changes that have been going on recently with Wanda letting Dimitri out and the whole attack thing," Peter rambled. The more Peter remembered, the more he became like his old self. The truth was that he would never be the same kid. He had been saying it for years; there was no way to erase what Hydra did to him in those eight years, but Peter had begun to realize that he didn't have to be a cold monster to the people he once loved. Sometimes, it was good to be terrified of losing someone.