𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

ВОССОЕДИНЕНИЕ

MUFFLED VOICES SURROUNDED HIM AS HE SLOWLY RETURNED TO CONSCIOUSNESS. He realized he was restrained when he tried to reach a hand up to check on his nose. He opened his eyes only to screw them shut again when it was too bright. He forced them open to see Steve, Tony, and Natasha standing over him.

"Who are we talking to?" Steve asked.

"Did you break my nose?" Peter asked accusingly as he looked at Steve.

"My bad, next time I will just let you beat up the Avengers," Bucky said as he threw his hands into the air.

Peter's eyes snapped over to him and a genuine smile grew on his face, "I thought you were dead," Peter breathed.

"You cannot get rid of me that easy," Bucky smiled down at him, "Can we have a moment alone? I need to make sure he is no longer Hydra, and those methods tend not to be pretty," Bucky said as he looked up to Peter's family. They nodded respecting their kid's privacy. They all made their way out of the room.

 Bucky hit Peter on the back of the head before he began breaking the chains that were holding him to the medical table.

"Oh, so now you break my nose and hit me on the back of the head? I oughta call Toni!" Peter glared at Bucky, but while he glared he took in his appearance. His hair was more grown out than the last time he saw him, and his beard had gone untrimmed for a while it seemed.

"Have I mentioned how much I love your version of a thank you?" Bucky asked with a tight smile, "I am serious, Peter. That was a stupid move. I was making my way here the entire time. I know you saw that Hydra had completely lost me. I made a friend. She helped me get under the radar, and then I was on my way here when I see you on the television spouting all your drama to the world," Bucky ripped off the last of the chains and Peter basically lept into his arms. Bucky smiled faintly as he returned Peter's tight embrace. Peter was holding onto him for dear life and taking in his scent.

"I was protecting you, and that excuses any and all stupid actions I partook in. And no, I did not notice because Tony cut me off from the tower's power system right before that press conference," Peter said before he held onto Bucky tighter.

Bucky kissed the top of Peter's hair as he held onto him, "You do not get to protect me, remember? I am supposed to protect you, dumbass," Bucky's smile faltered slightly, "Why would you risk your life for a dead man anyway?"

"It is you. Dead or Alive, it is you. I would give my life to avenge or to save you," Peter said as he pulled away from Bucky enough to look him in the eye. His eyes drifted down to Bucky's lips before going back to his eyes, "You have no idea how much I missed the sound of this," Peter said as he tapped his finger on Bucky's chest.

Bucky inched closer to Peter before whispering, "I missed all of you," Bucky cupped Peter's jaw and crashed their lips together.

The feeling of kissing Bucky was a welcomed one. It was familiar and Peter was enjoying every second of it. Peter broke it just to keep holding Bucky close. No words had to be said. The two of them being there was enough to communicate anything that either of them wanted to in the last eight months they had spent apart.

After a very long few moments of silence, Peter asked the question Bucky didn't want to answer, "What did I do?"

"A lot," Bucky sighed as his lips formed a tight line and his eyes held nothing but sympathy for Peter, "You made them all believe you wanted to be a part of their family, which I know is true, but then you revealed yourself to be working for Hydra and I think it may have broken their spirits a bit."

Peter bit his lip as his gaze fell to the ground, "It is not the first time."

Bucky responded, but his voice was drowned out by one that was all too familiar to Peter. One that Peter believed he had lost.

"Peter. It wasn't your fault."

Peter perked up, "You are alive?" He asked with wide eyes. Bucky looked at him very confused.

"Yes... we went over this..."

"They tried to lock me back up because they thought they could reprogram me or whatever when we got back to the base but we never got there, and I learned a thing or two from being locked up last time."

"I thought I had you killed too," Peter breathed a sigh of relief.

"Baby... You are beginning to scare me..."

"Boy toy is pretty hot... Not gonna lie... But you might want to explain to him why you are talking to yourself before he thinks you are batshit coo-coo for cocoa puffs."

"Sorry," Peter said as his eyes snapped up to Bucky, "A lot has happened in the last eight months..."

"Yeah, and I am going to need an explanation, right now," Bucky responded.

"Remember Dimitri, and how I told you Hydra locked him away in my mind because he almost got us out?" Bucky nodded.

"Aw, you told him about me?"

"Anyway, Wanda tried to mess with us, and unintentionally let him out. He has not shut up since he got out."

"Hey! You know you love me for it."

"So you talking to yourself...?"

"Happens regularly... just usually when I am alone, and it is not to myself. I am always talking to him."

Bucky's fingers danced over Peter's thigh before their lips connected again. Bucky's hand grabbed Peter's side and was about to push him down onto the bed when Peter broke away and hissed in pain.

"I think I have a broken rib or two," Peter said as he grabbed his side and grimaced slightly.

"I should bandage your nose anyway," Bucky said as he walked over to the cabinet, "I should not have tried anything anyway."

"They will heal, I will be fine!" Peter complained as Steve, Nat, and Tony came back in.

SUGGESTIONS FOR HAPPY FUN TIMES:

Was it worth the wait?????

I am just happy I get to use my gay couple gifs again.