30

Freya got up the next day and got ready- it was hard. She could barely find motivation to get out of bed, let alone look nice and eat breakfast.

However, Michael was nothing but kind to her, and it made her feel hopeful. There were good people.

Unfortunately, he had to head off to work before Mali picked her up, but he still gave her a pep talk and made her lunch.

When Mali arrived, she locked up and climbed into the car beside Cal and smiled, resting in his side.

"How are you?"

"I've been better,"

"Today is a new day. Come and meet us at lunch!"

Luke looked back and stuck his tongue out, making me giggle. He'd changed in such a good way, she thought.

"I'm applying for a job," Calum said, "at the coffee shop. You should too,"

"I don't think I want to be out in public when I can avoid it right now,"

"Show them you don't care. It's not true. We aren't psycho, we needed extra help and that's okay,"

"Yeah,"

"I bet they're secretly jealous that your dad is famous,"

"Well he ain't special," she laughed, catching Mali smiling, "I'm okay. I want to do this,"

When they got to uni, Calum went to meet his new friends Avery and Harley, and Luke walked Freya to class. He kissed her, just to let everyone know that he loved her and would be mad if anyone said anything.

Then, Taya and Addison rocked up and pulled her into a hug, all of them laughing. Luke too.

"I'll see you at lunch, why don't we all go together?"

"Sure," Taya shrugged, "come on,"

Freya went off smiling with them, and Luke stood smiling for a minute. She had done it.

Secretly, he'd been so anxious for her, and when she got so upset yesterday he thought she would never leave the house again.

Instead, here she was smiling.

He even texted Ashton to tell him.

He met up with his own friends for a while- a group, though he was closest to a couple of the lads. They didn't know his past like everyone knew Freya's.

He also enjoyed his class, and cared for his notes. This was a fresh start.

"Luke, you coming for lunch?"

"I'm meeting some others,"

"Can we join?" Mark asked, Alexander nodding.

"Yeah, sure,"

"What dorm are you in? We should hang out more,"

Inside, he was filled with joy. Someone wanted to be with him, and spend time with him.

"Oh, I'm off campus. We can get a coffee sometime," he said, his voice breaking a little. Other than that, he said it pretty confidently.

"Yeah man. Most people who live here don't choose to stay for uni here, how come you did?"

"I like it here,"

"Luke!" Calum called, walking in with his friends. The boy smiled and rushed over, sliding into the seat beside Cal and dumping his bag beside him.

All of their friends went to buy food while they got out their own lunch courtesy of Mali. He found it funny that all their classes matched up and that they got to eat all together.

Suddenly, a pair of hands landed on his shoulder and he jumped, turning to see Freya. She smiled at him and then pushed his bag out the way to sit there, all of their friends slowly returning.

Then, they all had to introduce each other of course, and exchange... well they were exchanging social media. And Freya didn't know what to do.

It wasn't good for her.

"Freya?" Luke nudged, "wait- oh yeah,"

"Didn't your one get hacked? She needs a new one," Calum covered, "if she gets round to it tonight I'll let you all know,"

"Yeah, yeah," she coughed, putting her phone away, "some people are crazy,"

Luke supportively put his hand on her thigh, because everyone knew all about her which he thought must suck.

The news was all in the back of their head, even if they weren't saying it.

As she tucked into her lunch, one of the newspapers was slapping infront of her, but Cal's friend Harley had already picked it up and hit them back before she could react, a couple of people sniggering.

"We got the uni to stop having them on display," he said proudly, "Avery had to shout a lot,"

Luke grinned and kissed her cheek, biting into his own sandwich. All of a sudden he had a bunch of people around him who all wanted to talk to him.

People didn't ever want to talk to Luke.

"How did you two get to know Freya anyway?" Alexander asked, "were you and Cal school friends?"

"Cal and I met... about three months ago,"

"My best bud," Calum teased, everyone laughing.

"Where did you meet?"

"Oh... just out and about," Luke hummed, Freya and Cal looking at each other. Freya had nothing to hide, and Calum had already been faced with the question. They both trusted their friends, and felt gutted that Luke felt scared.

Instinctively, they held his hand.

Everyone watched intently. Really, they all got the idea, and knew, but would be patient if he wanted to say it.

"We were... just out and about, yeah," he smiled, looking up at Mark and Alexander. Calum could see they were caring, and genuine, so could Freya, but Luke took a few more moments to realise that.

Everyone in his life had shut him down and he didn't want to be known as weak anymore.

"We were together, in the hospital. That's why we are here, at this uni where we live. I live with Calum and his sister,"

"That's okay," Mark smiled.

"It is?"

Luke snapped his head up and saw everyone smiling, and nodding.

"You won't treat me differently?"

"No, Luke. We'll always be here to talk, but you're not different,"

"Thankyou,"

"Yeah, we're all here for all of you," Addison said, "Is that why you have no social media?"

"I chose to delete it, that life was not for me. I'll make a new one though, I really want to talk to you guys,"

"Want to go out for a meal on Friday after uni?"

"I have therapy, very purposefully place at that time," Freya hummed, "they will though,"

"I'm up for it if you are," Cal said, nudging Luke, who was uneasy.

"Okay, sure,"

"Great!" Alexander said, "I'm glad we can all stick together now,"

"Yeah," Calum breathed out. He couldn't help but wonder- when did life get so great?"