26

Luke was worried when Mali said she was taking him in to see Freya, because she wasn't doing well last time.

That had brought him back when when he first saw her.

As he walked down the halls, he felt doom and gloom. Outside life was so much better with Mali and Calum.

"Luke, hey," Ashton said, "her dad called her and said she's no longer welcome- she's broken. She feels so alone,"

After their walk in the garden, Freya had come back to her room and cried. Nothing that Ashton did seemed to cheer her up, despite their conversation about how her life could he switched round.

He didn't blame her though. Her dad had done something so disrespectful to her privacy.

Immediately, Luke opened the door, crawled onto the bed and pulled her into his arms; he clutched tightly, and put a blanket round her.

"I love you. We don't say that enough,"

"Luke, we've never said it," she whispered, "I love you,"

Ashton left them in the room, going to Naomi to find out where Freya would go long-term. He wanted the poor girl to have a home and someone who loved her.

Clearly, he didn't quite know how much she loved Luke.

In his hold, she felt so safe, and warm.

"My dad said I'm not welcome in the family,"

"You're always going to be important to me, Freya. To Calum, to Mali, to Ashton and Michael... to your uni friends. You're important to me,"

"I know Luke, it's been quite hard because our families suck,"

He chuckled, and kissed her, her hands going to her hair. He held her waist and she flipped them over, making her on top.

"I missed you," she whispered, "I missed you so much,"

**

Calum and Mali wandered through town together, Calum enjoying the outside. He enjoyed the shops and the people, and the coffee shops.

Luke was at the hospital again, so he spent that time with Mali. They'd grown closer since he got out, and he was really enjoying it.

"Do you want to grab a coffee and a cake?"

"I don't know,"

"A drink at least, you don't have to have a cake,"

He nodded and they went into a coffee shop, waiting in line. However, when Calum saw the cakes, he got a little giddy and chose a bakewell tart to go with his milkshake. Mali adored how he still let himself enjoy things in life, and that he'd learnt to do that.

She ordered the food and drinks they found a table, sitting opposite each other.

"They have a job opening," she said, "You said about a job,"

"How do I get one?"

"We can get a form.Take one and see what Naomi thinks,"

"I can't make coffee,"

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind someone washing up,"

He grinned and took a bite into his cake, enjoying the taste.

"Do you think Freya will start uni with us?"

"I'm not sure, Ashton sent me a small update to tell you guys, and she's got a lot going on,"

"It won't be the same,"

"I'm sure she will try her best,"

"She's not a dick, really. She just pretends to be because she doesn't know how to process her feelings,"

"I know, Cal. If I had the space and money, she'd be more than welcome. She may just need some more time like you had,"

"I know stuff happened with me, but I always had you. She's never had anyone and I can tell she is worried about making relationships. Even if she's accidentally harsh, please don't hold it against her. She gets really upset about other people's opinions, and if she gets defensive,"- "Cal, I'm not holding anything against her,"

The boy nodded and slurped his milkshake, sad that he'd finished. Sometimes a bit of sugar was nice.

They walked back out and towards he car park, the newspapers catching Calum's eye on the way.

Jack Ward isn't the only ward his daughter knows
The tragic story of her downfall from star model to lifeless junkie

"Mali...,"

"Wow... Cal, I'm sorry,"

"We have to get rid of them,"

"There will be a stack more round the corner bud, we can't,"

"Why are they saying that?"

He covered his face and clenched his fists, filling with rage. Mali put her hand on his shoulder and hushed him, kissing his head.

"Did you hear? Jack submitted it himself," someone sneered, "psychos are everywhere huh?"

Psycho.
Psycho.
Psycho.

He hit his head, Mali dragging him away from the crowd.

It hurt his head, building up pressure and anger in his veins. If Mali wasn't holding his hand, he'd hit something, or break something,

Perhaps that was true. It was who he was.

Fucking psycho.