12

Luke didn't feel too get when he sat down, his head feeling heavy. He rested on Freya's shoulder and waited for Ashton, because he decided he could make a card for her here.

Freya's knee was bouncing, and her stomach was twisting, Ashton being one minute late already. It was so weird for her to be waiting for him, when he used to enter the room as he pleased.

"I'll try and sort out our ride," Luke mumbled, "just tell him everything,"

"Yeah. Maybe they'll talk together and sort something out,"

A few moments later, Ashton walked round the corner, making his way over.

"Freya,"

She wanted to make a remark like dickhead or wish me luck, but nothing came out. Instead, she just stood up, and followed him to the office.

When they got there, she sneezed, Ashton getting her a tissue. In the nicest way possible, she looked like utter shit.

Freya didn't care though, not right now.

"Omg," she said quietly, hugging him tightly. Ashton was the only person -other than Luke- that knew how she felt, and everything she'd been through.

"Sit down," he chuckled, "I've got a surprise,"

She did as he said, bringing her knees onto the sofa. It smelt like the hospital, and now she wanted it back. The order, the attention, the care- she needed it.

Ashton went to his bag and pulled out a small bag of cookies, and a wrapped gift. It was important to him that the patients got something, just to remind them they were a little special. He'd bought her a book, as well as a bar of chocolate, because sugar had been off limits at her stay.

"Happy birthday,"

The girl covered her mouth, not wanting to show her therapist quite how happy she was. It amused her to tease him, but only a little of course- he did have am important job.

"I thought cookies would be easier to carry than a cake,"

"Thankyou,"

She ripped open the paper and bit her lip, having a new book to read. There was no way to get new books now, because she didn't think Liz would buy her one, so she treasured it. Luke and her could eat the chocolate while watching a film- in peace.

"Thankyou so much, you're the only person who got me a gift," she said quietly, "Luke did make me pancakes though,"

"What did you have in them?"

"Nutella,"

"You're gonna have one hell of a cheat day,"

It made no sense to him when she nodded eagerly, but had lost weight already. Her love of food they'd found was clearly still there, and although it wasn't a lot, it was noticeable to someone who was in charge of her body for so long.

"Am I allowed this at Liz's house?"

"Of course, why wouldn't you be?"

"She said I wasn't so petite anymore,"

Out of everything she could've said, weight wasn't the one she should've chose. That alone made him want to take her in, but it wasn't allowed.

"What else has she said?"

"She expects us to be ready. Liz won't talk to me, expected us to get the bus, tried to make Luke call his brothers, and I don't feel like I'm enjoying the outside,"

"Has Luke had a temper tantrum?"

"No," she said, "and he's not feeling well this morning,"

"Neither of you look well," Ashton said bluntly, "I want to have a serious talk okay?"

Freya nodded, opening her body language up a little. She was terrified of herself already, but now she felt she had no support it was petrifying.

"How is your body feeling?"

"I have a really bad cold, and I can't sleep, and I feel really irritated at everything,"

"Hm, do you take your medication?"

"Yeah, but Luke's ran out, and Liz doesn't give him the night tablets,"

"He can't have- okay. I will look into that on a home visit,"

Freya nodded, tiredly closing her eyes.

"As of now, where would you like to be? With Liz or at your old home?"

"Here,"

"Here?"

"Yeah. I don't even get fed a fucking full sized meal, and Luke gets too much that he feels guilty about not eating. She doesn't care about me, and she doesn't put our feelings first. I get that we are adults now but I keep having 'what if' thoughts and there's no one to look out for me if it happens,"

"Freya,"

"She's at the cinema right now, and didn't even know I had an appointment,"

"Okay, Freya, if that's true then action needs to be taken,"

"It is. Come and see for yourself, we eat breakfast at about 7, then take our medicine, then Luke and I are alone again. We're the only company we have,"

"Michael and Luke need to join this conversation too, okay? It doesn't look like you've left the house either, so we will figure something out,"

"We left the house once when Liz left us, and there was someone smoking in the park,"

"And how did you cope?"

"Badly, I don't know, I can't even sleep Ashton," she said, falling into his chest, "I don't know what it's supposed to be, but it doesn't feel like a home,"

And Ashton gulped, wrapping his arms around her, because he knew Luke has said the exact same thing.