22

Luke had fallen asleep, and was snoring as usual. Freya kept prodding him to try and shut him up, but when it didn't work, she decided to leave the room.

It turned out it wasn't locked in the day, and she took advantage of that.

She didn't exactly have a destination in mind, and just wandered, entering a day dream.

It wasn't until Michael called her three times, after getting quite frustrated that she was out in the first place, that she turned round.

"Michael,"

"Freya, what the hell are you doing out of your room?"

"Luke was snoring,"

"You can't do that," he said, taking a deep breath, "Ash would freak out,"

"Are you mad?"

"What? No. Sorry, I just panicked. Do you want to go and talk?"

"I'm sorry,"

"It's okay, you just shouldn't be walking around like that,"

Freya nodded and followed him to his office, anxiously sitting on the sofa. Michael could tell she wasn't comfortable, and he was downhearted by the fact that she felt this way.

"Talk to me Freya, about living with me,"

"I'm nervous,"

"That okay," he nodded, "why?"

"There's new rules, and I'm without Luke, and I will get attention,"

"You will, but only for good reasons,"

"I don't want to upset you either, or make you more mad,"

"Freya," he said seriously, "I'm not mad. Yes, you weren't nice to be around, but I can't hold it against you. You were, and are, going through tough things, and you deserve a place to be cared for. I'm inviting you into my home because I want to help you,"

"What if I mess up?"

"Everyone messes up,"

"When am I coming?"

"Luke is hopefully going to Mali's tomorrow, you're staying one last night and then I have Tuesday off to get you moved in,"

"Without Luke?"

"Yeah, but it'll be okay,"

"Who decides how much I eat?"

"You, but I'll check if it's too little or too much,"

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. You're responsible enough,"

There was a knock on the door and Freya looked over, seeing a nurse. She was quite pleased with the conversation, and that she'd let out her thoughts calmly. Inside, she had been worked up.

Michael spoke with the nurse and beckoned Freya over, keeping his hand on her shoulder.

"I've got something to go to now, do can you go to your room alone?"

"Is it an emergency?"

"Just go to your room with the nurse, please,"

As he went in one direction, Freya went in the other, her stomach rumbling at the thought having tea. She could smell the canteen cooking, but knew it would be a while.

In the room, Luke was now awake, not phased by the fact that Freya had gone. She was usually taken to talk, so didn't know she had gone for a wander. He was best not know too, as when the pair got split up, he would only worry more.

"Hey," he said softly, opening his arms to her, "did you speak to Michael?"

"Yeah, I think it's okay,"

"Good,"

Luke wanted nothing more than for her to get along with him, because he could really help her.

"Did you have a good nap?"

"I had a nightmare,"

Specifically, he was thinking back to what his mum had been like, and how much he put Freya through. No one deserved that.

She had lost her glow, her fire that made him fall in love with her; he still fell at her feet, but he wanted her to get it back.

"You're leaving tomorrow," she told him, crawling under the covers, "Mali will help you so much,"

"Michael is good, you know? I promise,"