9

"I've not had a single thought," Calum said proudly, Naomi smiling.

"And Mali is amazing,"

"What've you done?"

"Well, we cooked together on the first night. We've been on walks, we went shopping because I needed new clothes, we watched films, and she's been really supportive when things got hard,"

"You've been keeping busy then?"

"Yeah. I hope Luke and Freya have been too,"

"You should call them in the week, see how they're doing. University won't mean seeing them constantly,"

"What are the plans for that?"

"The campus has a support leader that the three of you will see together. It's a way to track how certain things and places are making you feel, and then we can talk through it all,"

"Do I see them everyday?"

"The three of you go in the morning to check you've turned up, and then after you'll see them. Your lectures end at a similar time,"

"Will I make new friends?"

"I think so, as long as you just be yourself. And remember Calum, it's your choice how much of your past you tell them. This is a fresh start,"

"Yeah, okay. I was a little bit worried about it this week,"

Naomi was confident that Calum would have no problems. He was a likeable person, and a great friend to everyone. She really liked the positivity he had, but did have to dig a little into what he said at he start.

"Do you want to talk about the hard moments?"

"I don't really get a choice," he laughed.

"You do, but I'm hoping you make the sensible choice.

"Yeah,"

Calum chewed on the tie of his hoodie, hoping the therapist wouldn't be mad. Of course she wouldn't be, but he had wanted a positive story to tell her.

"Calum, you used to talk to me everyday, and you know what I've seen. You can tell me anything,"

"It was obviously a bit weird to adjust to a house, and being with my sister. I get to choose if I have personal space or not,"

"And are you balancing alone time and family time?"

"Mali seems happy with me,"

"Good,"

"I miss my friends, but I'll talk to them more,"

"You're really good at checking up on other people, so they'll appreciate that a lot,"

He nodded, looking at Naomi. Her eyes were soft, and friendly. He remembered when he didn't see her that way.

"And taking medicine can be really hard," he said, his voice trembling.

"You are doing really well," she encouraged, placing a supportive hand on his shoulder, "Have you taken it all?"

"Yeah, but it's still hard,"

"What do you find most difficult? If it's making you have bad side effects then we can find alternatives,"

"No, they haven't changed. Mali won't let me take them without her being by my side, but it's hard for me to take them infront of her- it must be hard to watch,"

"It can be hard for her, but she's sitting with you because she understands this is also hard for you. She's sitting there to make sure you're safe, and to let you know that she's still there for you. If you'd like, the three of us can talk together on your home visit?"

"Yes please,"

After the appointment, Calum and Naomi went into the waiting room, where Freya sat alone. Her head was spinning, and pounding.

"Naomi, please can I take a step outside," Calum asked.

"Do you want to walk round the gardens?"

"Yeah, please,"

She went to reception and got him a lanyard, which gave him access to the gardens. He wanted to clear his head after having the first appointment in a while.

Naomi took the opportunity to sit next to Freya, who slowly munched on a bag of crisps.

"You finally got a token?"

"Yeah," she chuckled, "Stayed here two months, and all it took was for me to say shit I forgot my money ,"

"You were going to bring money for the vending machine? That's new,"

"No, we were going to get the bus, but Mali brought us,"

"The bus?"

"Yeah, Liz said we had to,"

She sniffed, rubbing her head as it pounded again. Naomi thought it was strange that she was already sick, because she left in good health.

"Are you enjoying it there?"

"Hm. You're trained to know when I'm lying right?"

Naomi grinned, shrugging her shoulders.

"The bed is really nice, Luke's bed is even better,"

"Not as good as you hoped?"

"Nope," Freya mumbled, actually quite sad about it. She was nervous, but had also been excited, and it fizzled away.

"She doesn't even speak to me,"

"I will talk to Ashton tonight, and he will talk tomorrow. Try and get out the house a bit more and I'll look into things,"

"Where?"

"Go for walks. You and Luke need to stick together, and if she won't talk to you then he will,"

"I don't know if I'm just over reacting,"

"If you think it's a problem, then it's our job to help,"