71: Best News Ever/Sandy

Andy

I was now home alone for the second week, as Sonny is on a business trip. He won't be coming home for the next three weeks either. A full month without my husband. It's strange, living alone once again, after living with him for so long. But I'm slowly becoming accustomed and I'm managing. I mean, we skype every day, so we at least get to see each other through a screen.

It was monday, and right on time I heard the skype call ringtone coming from my laptop. "Hi", I greeted my husband after picking up. "Hey Baby", he said, smiling at me. Instantly, a smile also grew on my face. "How are you?", I asked him. "Yeah, I'm alright. A little stressed with work, but it's alright.", he answered. "You?" We talked for quite a while, but then he had to go again. Someone from work called him that he had to come and help them. I don't even know. So, once again, we had to say our good bye's. "Bye, baby. I love you", he said and tears appeared in my eyes immediately. Thinking about having to end the call once again. "Hey", he spoke softly, "don't cry. I'll be back before you know it." I nodded, wiping away the tears with my sleeve. "I know. I love you"

After finally ending the call, I went to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. As it was already twenty past eight, it was just fitting to eat some dinner. Preparing it, then sitting down on the sofa. I turned on the tv to watch a film. Zapping through the channels endlessly, not being able to find anything good. Sighing, I stood up to get the Harry Potter films from the bedroom. Don't blame me, I can always watch Harry Potter. Throughout the film I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier, nearly dropping close completely. Not having enough strength to stand up, I just lied down here.

Waking up, I took in my surroundings. Noticing I was in the living room. It was already light outdoors, so I guessed it was already morning. I didn't have work until 2 p.m. so it wasn't a problem if I slept in late. Which I didn't as I saw on the clock that it was just about to be seven in the morning. Groaning, I turned around and closed my eyes to try to fall asleep again. Suddenly bolting up to sprint to the bathroom. I emptied my stomach over the toilette, letting out a huff afterwards. Leaning to the side and placing my head on the wall. I guess I'm calling in sick.

A week later, and I wasn't any better. Sonny was really worried, immediately seeing that I wasn't well. He told me to go to the doctors, but I didn't want to. Seeing as I was still being sick every now and then a week later, it would probably be a good idea to do so. So now I was sitting in the waiting room at my usual doctor. When I got called in, I lifted myself up and walked through the door and greeted the doctor. "Good morning Andrew", she answered. "So, what seems to be the issue?" I described all my symptoms, seeing a smile grow on her face. I must have looked confused, as she was starting to explain. "It sounds as though you're pregnant, to me", she said, still smiling. I nearly fell from the chair I was sitting on.
Pregnant? Could that really be? I mean, it could obviously. But, wow! Sonny and I had wished for a child since forever now. The doctor did some more tests and took some blood, just to be sure. She told me, she'd call me as soon as the results would be there. Which shouldn't take longer than two days. I thanked her and then left the office, walking home.

A few days later I got a call, confirming that I was indeed pregnant. I was so happy. Contemplating whether to tell Sonny over skype or waiting two weeks until he was home. I mean, this was something huge, I couldn't just hold from him. But I would love to tell him in person. I guess, two weeks are not that long, right. I was already wednesday anyway. He would be home next friday. So he had to wait, I decided.

Finally! Today was the day Sonny would come home. The last one and a half weeks were alright. Little one was very nice. Not disturbing daddy at all. I was really hard keeping it from Sonny, though. I tell him everything, normally. And this affects him too.

"I'm home", I heard and right afterwards the door closed. I jumped up immediately from where I was sat. Running to the front door to greet my husband. "Hiiii!", I squealed happily and squished him in a hug. "Hey baby", he whispered in my hair, kissing the top of my head. Pulling back from the embrace, I pressed a kiss to his lips. "I've got something to tell you", I breathed out. I just couldn't hold it in any longer. I had to tell him. Sonny just raised an eyebrow and looked at me expectantly. I took his hand, lacing our fingers together. "Come" I pulled him with me to the living room. There I ordered him to sit down, taking off to the bedroom, where I hid the ultrasound pictures I've had made. "Andy..", Sonny called after me, now absolutely confused.

Returning, I sat down next to him. Once again taking his hands in mine. "I-", I started, but suddenly my brain and mouth didn't work anymore. "You what? Andy you're scaring me.", Sonny said. I placed a finger on his lips to silence him. "Ryan, you are...", I let out a breath. This is harder than I thought it would be. "You are going to be a dad", I finally said. Sonny's eyes widened almost comically. "Really?", he asked. "Andy, are you pregnant" I could only nod, tears welling up in my eyes. "Serious? You're not pranking me?" I let out a teary laugh. "Yes, totally serious", I said. I showed him the pictures of our little one. Immediately he started crying as well. Crushing me in another hug. Then pulling back and kissing me just as hard as the hug had been. His lips moving against mine.

"How long?", he then asked. "About six weeks", I answered. He laughed, looking so incredibly happy. I leaned my head on his shoulder, relaxing against him. His arms going around my waist, hand resting protectively on my stomach. "You can't imagine how difficult it was to not tell you anything.", I said. "You didn't tell me as soon as you knew?", he asked, sounding a little unhappy now. "I wanted to do it in person." I said. "So I could look into your pretty eyes and kiss you right afterwards" I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. Pressing a soft kiss to my lips. I leaned back against him and sighed contently. A baby! Who would have thought that?!

Words: 1197
27.03.2020

I hope you enjoyed reading. I haven't written all week because I had so much to do, and now I wrote that all in the last hour or so. I get these inspiration waves sometimes. And also, I felt like I needed to update since it's been a week. Tell me what you think and leave some requests. Please vote and comment. I hope you're all well and healthy. Please stay indoors, that's very important. <3