40: You and Me/Randy

Age: Andy/18 Brooklyn/17 Ryan/19 Jack/18

3rd person

"Brook? What's happening?", Andy asked his best friend. It was friday evening and they were having a sleepover. The two boys sat in Brooklyn's, well his parents', living room. Just hanging out, talking and having fun.
"Huh? What do you mean?", Brooklyn asked confused, he didn't know what Andy meant.
"This feeling... I don't know what it is."
"What feeling?"
"I don't know. I have this strange feeling. And... I don't know, it's just strange.", Andy struggled to explain.
"Maybe it'll be over in a few minutes", Brooklyn said.

A little bit later, Andy was slightly panicking because the feeling was still there and he didn't know what it meant. "Brook, what is this?", He asked trying not to flip out.
"Shh Andy it'll be okay.", Brooklyn tried to soothe his friend.
"Please... Make it go away..", Andy whispered, breathing heavily.
"Okay.. Andy what does it feel like exactly?", the younger boy tried to remain calm, seeing his best friend struggling to breathe.
"I-I don't know. Strange...", Andy rubbed his hand over his chest, trying to get rid of the tightness in his throat.
"Shit, Andy do you need your inhaler?" Andy nodded frantically. Immediately Brook jumped up and ran to his room, grabbing the spare one that he had. As soon as he was back down he shoved it between Andy's lips. He pumped two times.

Slowly Andy's breathing got back to normal. "Shit Andy, you scared me.", Brook breathed.
"Sorry", Andy let out a chuckle, "the feeling's still there, though"
"Okay... um let's just go to bed. Maybe it's gone tomorrow.", Brooklyn said a little worried.
The two boys got ready for bed and laid down. They talked for some time but eventually fell asleep.

-next morning-
"Good morning boys", Brooklyn's mum cheered while entering Brook's room quietly. "Good morning mum", she got back from her son, but Andy was still fast asleep. They decided to let him sleep a little more and walked into the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. Half an hour later Andy tapped into the kitchen, saying a quiet hello and sitting down at the table. Brooklyn sat down next to him and his mum brought the breakfast.

After they ate Andy thanked Brooklyn's mum for the food and the two boys strolled back to Brook's room.
"Brook?", Andy asked cautiously after a few minutes.
"Hmm?", Brook made, to show Andy that he was listening.
"The.. the feeling is still there."
"Really? Is it bad?"
"I don't know. I feel like I just want to run and jump into my loves arms. Only problem: I don't have a boyfriend."
"Um.. okay, that's really strange."
"It is. And I just feel like I want to snog someones face off."
Brook laughed and backed away a bit.
"Not your face, bro", Andy chuckled, "also not anyone's on the street. Just this one person."
"Do you maybe want to ask my mum about it?", Brooklyn asked carefully.
"What? Why?"
"I don't know man. It doesn't sound that healthy to have the urge to snog someone's face off."
"Yeah okay. We can ask her I guess."

The two boys went into the living room, where Brooklyn's mum was. Togheter they told her about the strange feeling Andy had since yesterday and how it felt. With much embarrassement Andy even told her about his urge to kiss this one person. The woman just chuckled. "Andy dear, your mate is somewhere near. That's the feeling." "What's a mate?", the two boys asked in sync.

"Oh, boys. As soon as you're 18 your gender gets revealed-"
"But mum, were boys and we know that for sure."
"Not that gender, Brooklyn. Whether you're alpha, beta or omega. Betas mostly stay alone or with an other beta. But alphas always bond with an omega. Not any omega though, they always bond with their mate-"
"And how do you know who that is?"
"You feel it. That's what's happening with you Andy. Your mate is somewhere near and you feel it."
"Okay so what do I do now?", Andy asked.
"Well, first of all I'd say we find out, whether you're an alpha or an omega."