4: soulmates/Brandy

Situation: They are between 16 and 18 and in high school but in different classes. Rye and Brook are 16 and mostly in the same classes and they are best friends. Mikey is 17, Andy and Jack are 18 and the three of them are friends and mostly in the same classes. The two different friend groups don't know each other, they just saw each other in the hallway.

Soulmate plot: On your 16th birthday you get a tattoo on your wrist with the first thought of you of your soulmate. Even if you know your soulmate since you were little. If you haven't met yet or he/she didn't at least saw you once you don't get a tattoo on your birthday but you get it as soon as they see you the first time.

Andy

I'm 18 and since two years I have this tattoo. It says: Ughh what an annoying jerk. Yes I'm going through life since two years until I die with a tattoo that tells me that my soulmate thinks I'm a jerk. Not really blessing. I acctually never showed it to anyone other than my mother because I'm embarrassed.

See, this soulmate thing could be cool and stuff like it is for my two best friends. They know each other since they were little. Jack's tattoo says: The new boy seems nice and Mikey's says: He's cool maybe I can play with him. Like I said, they were little and Jack just moved here from Ireland. On the day Jack turned 16 they found out that they are soulmates. They are dating since that day. Mikey's tattoo was just a confirmation.

But me? I haven't found my soulmate yet. And I don't know anything about them other that they think I'm a jerk. And that since the first time they saw me!

But today was the day everything would change.

As soon as I walked into the school I saw this boy. I saw him for the first time but I knew he wasn't new as he had already a friend and was laughing with him. Oh Boy, he's hot! I thought.

Then I walked to Jack and Mikey who are of course kissing. "Hey", I greeted them but all I got back was a mumbled "Hey Andy" from Jack. Then he got back to kissing Mikey.
"Guys!", I said annoyed, "c'mon don't ignore me."
"Sorry.", Mikey said.

"Hey um guys? Do you know this boy over there? I kinda saw him for the first time today.", I asked them.
"Oh yea, that's Brooklyn. He's 16 I think.", Jack said and Mikey added, "I heard he hasn't got his tattoo yet."
"Really? That's doesn't happen often, does it?", I said and turned my head in Brooklyn's direction,"Wait look!"

Brooklyn was scratching his wrist. Then he said something to his friend. He looked really excited. They were both staring at his wrist in disbelief.

"Lets go a little bit closer. Maybe we can understand them.", I said to my friends and we went near them.

"Omg is it your tattoo?", I heard Rye, I think that's his name, say.
"Yea, I mean better late than never. I was pretty disappointed when I didn't get it on my birthday.", Brooklyn answered.
"Wait. What does it say?", Rye asked.
"Oh Boy, he's hot!", Brooklyn read out.

Oh god! That's what I thought about him. Shit. He doesn't even like me. I turned on my heel and went away.
"Wait! Andy! Where are you going?", I heard Jack yell after me. Then I heard running steps behind me and Mikey and Jack were next to me again.

"Andy what's wrong?", Mikey asked.
"He's my soulmate.", I blurted out, "I thought that, what he just read out, about him this morning when I saw him. Shit!"
"Wait, really.", Jack said, "but why is that bad?"
I just rolled up my sleeve without saying a word. They both looked at it and read it.

"Soo he thinks you're a jerk? That's your ploblem. We can change that.", Jack said, smiling at me encouragingly.
"Hooow?", I whine.

Without saying anything he took my wrist and dragged me to Brooklyn and Rye. Mikey followed us.
"Hey guys. I'm Jack. This is Andy", he pointed at me, "and that's my boyfriend Mikey."
"Oh hey", Rye said, "I'm Rye and this is Brooklyn."

We talked a bit until we had to go to our first lesson and got to know each other. I learned that Brooklyn's birthday was half a year ago. He told us he didn't got his tattoo that day and that he got it today but he refused to show it to us. Little did he know I already knew what his tattoo was and that we were soulmates.

At lunch break Jack decided to sit with Brooklyn and Rye, so of course Mikey and me had to sit there too. Mikey forced me to sit next to Brooklyn. Everyone except me talked a lot but I just sat there thinking until Brooklyn nudged me.

"Hey Andy what's wrong?", he asked me.
"Oh uhh nothing.", I answered but he wasn't happy with this answer. He tried to involve me in their conversation which actually worked pretty good. We all got to know each other better and better. I had actually really much fun but then of course we had to go to our classes.

But before we all went there Rye asked if we would want to meet up after school. We all agreed and set a time and place.

The afternoon went by pretty fast and before I knew it, it was already the end of the last lesson.
Because we agreed to meet at the coffee shop near the school at ten past four I went there directly.

I arrived a little to late and everyone else was already there.
"Hey Andy! Late as always." Jack greeted me.
"Yea sorry.", I said and everyone just laughed.

I bought a coffee and sat down at the table. I had to sit next to Brooklyn... again because it was the last free chair at that table. I bet Jack threaded that.

We talked about all and everything. That Mikey, Jack and I end school this year but Brooklyn and Rye still have two years. About stupid teachers. But we ended up talking about soulmates again.

Jack told about him and Mikey being soulmates, how they met in nursery school, how they found out and stuff. It was pretty boring for me as I heard this story about hundred times already but they looked and sounded so proud.

Rye showed us his tattoo and told us that he hasn't found his soulmate yet. Then he convinced Brooklyn to show us his tattoo. We all looked at it but it was actually unnecessary because we all knew it already.

Mikey forced me to show them mine which I really didn't want to do in fear that Brooklyn will realize that we were soulmates. I refused so long till Jack just took my sleeve and pulled it up. Rye and Brooklyn read it and Brooklyn's eyes widened.

He looked at me in disbelief and stuttered: "I-I thought you were a... a dick before I got know you proberly." You could hear his brain rattle as he put one and one together. "Wait.. but? We're soulmates? But... but? Why didn't you say anything?"

"I thought you didn't like me.", I said kinda ashamed. He didn't say anything, he just turned his head towards me and leaned in. I closed my eyes and captured his lips with mine. As soon as our lips met our friends cheered but for me it was only him.

After a few seconds Brooklyn pulled away. "Andy? Do you wanna be my boyfriend?", he wispered. "Of course.", I answered and kissed him again.

Okay not gonna lie, I'm actually proud of this one. It took me really long to write though. Anyway Happy New Year!
Please comment and tell me what you think. Don't forget to vote and send in requests. 💖💖
03.01.2019
Words: 1314