I Hope This Comes Back to Haunt You

Theo:

"Negative" I push the seat cover down, sitting in the bathroom. Tears flow from my eyes. Why am I crying? Did I want it to be positive? I breathe in slow, a knock on the door lunges me to my feet. Tossing the test into the garbage. 

"One sec!" I yell, covering it with tissue paper. I wash my hands and leave the bathroom.

"Hey, you good?" Derek asks.

"Just peachy. Whats up?" I ask.

"We're on in 10! Get ready!" He says walking back to the room with the rest of the boys. I make my way in, warming up my voice. I sit on the couch, throwing one headphone in, singing along to the music. 

"Frozen Fest!! Let's fucking go!" I yell into the mic, the music blaring behind me. 

"Patiently I was waiting

Just waiting for this day to come
To say how much I hated
Those days, yeah each and every one

But I made it out alive
I'm here to say I breathe at least I try
I won't go without a fight
You can't stop me

I feel like I died
And went to heaven
And I think I could fly
I'll take you with me.." 

~~~~~~~

Collin: 

I watch from side stage, she puts everything into every performance. I run downstairs before our set.

"Where ya going?" Veno yells. 

"Bathroom!" I yell back. Running into the bathroom. As I'm washing my hands, I see something in the garbage, pulling it out, a pregnancy test. 

I look it over, carefully. It's negative. The only girls here are Shea or Theo. Either is a possibility. I wash my hands again, leaving the bathroom and heading to the stage. 

~~~~~

After the set, I pull Theo outside in the back. 

"What's up Col?" She asks.

"I found a pregnancy test in the bathroom. Is it yours?" I blurt out.

"Yeah." Her face falls. 

"The dream I had the other night, I dreamt I was pregnant so I thought I would take a test, see if my dream meant I was..but I'm not." She says.

"I'm not mad, I just wish you told me, you don't have to go through anything alone. If it was positive, I would be ecstatic! I would be so happy. It's not the best timing but we'd make it work." I say, pacing back and forth.

"Would you? Would you really be okay with it? No more touring for a while, no random trips, no late night outings with the rest of the guys? Our entire lives would be diapers, sleepless nights, and hard work. A living human would be our only thought at every moment." She stands in front of me now. 

"I would love it too Col, but it just isn't time yet." She holds my hands in hers. 

"I know. Is it weird I got really excited for a minute? Thinking about it." I lock eyes with hers. 

"I did too. I actually was sad for a second that it was negative." We walk over and sit on the picnic table.

"When do you think will be the right time? We have this crazy life. You just voiced in a movie, touring, the band, shows..when will be the right time?" I ask.

"I don't think there ever will be. It will just be a moment we decide it, or fate decides it for us. We just have to roll with the punches. Let the world decide for us." She smiles at me. 

"Is it weird I can't wait?" I ask.

"I can't either, but we just let the universe decide." She kisses me.