Defying Gravity

Theo:

"Hi, may I help you?" 

"Hi, I need an application for a last name change?" I ask.

"Recently married or filing for a legal overall name change?" She shuffles through her papers.

"Recently married, changing my last name." I say. 

"Okay, fill these out and hand them in when you're done, we will mail all of your new cards to the address you provide." 

"What cards do they send?" I ask.

"Social security, new passport, drivers license, and any other documents." She says handing me a clipboard and pen.

"Thank you." I sit in the rows of chairs. 

'Legal name: Theodora Taylor Larson'

'Name Change for Application: Theodora Taylor Walsh' my heart flutters as I write it. Theodora Walsh, I repeat in my head. Cliché as it sounds, I stole his last name. 

'Do you wish for a passport with the new name? -yes' I click the box. Finishing the application, I hand it to the woman at the desk.

"Congratulations." She smiles.

"We will process this over the next 5-6 days and mail you all the needed information. It will take approximately 2 weeks." She says. I nod.

I get back to the house, pulling into the long drive. I run inside to get out of the cold. 

"Hey." Collin greets me at the door, kissing me quickly.

"Hey." I say, hanging up my scarf and jacket.

"I need something warm, I'm freezing." I head to the kitchen, putting a pot of water on the stove. 

"Tea?" I ask, Collin stands in the doorway, watching me.

"Sure." He walks over to the cabinet, opening it.

"What kind? English breakfast, chamomile, sleepy time vanilla, chai, peppermint?" He looks at me, smirking.

"You're so sexy when you're listing tea flavors." I laugh. 

"Chai please." I ask, he hands me two, I grab two mugs, his Drexel one and my Harry Potter one. Putting the teabags in each. 

Bzzzzz

"Hey Lex!" I place my phone on the counter, FaceTiming. 

"Hey! How's the newlyweds?" He asks.

"Good, making tea!" I say, showing him the cups. 

"Losers. You've turned into an old married couple already." He jokes. 

"Hush up." I laugh.

"Hey Lex!" 

"Hey Col! How is everything?" He asks.

"Good, want a tour of the new house?" He asks.

"DUH! That's why I called." Collin takes my phone and walks around the house, giving Lex a virtual tour. 

"HAHAHA" I hear Collin cackling from down the hall, I'm so happy they have a good relationship. I'm happy we all do. 

"Col, tea is ready." I yell, he runs down the stairs.

"Thank you.." He kisses me on the cheek.

"Alright Lex, so what's up with you?" I ask walking up the stairs to my library room.

"Good, Brandon and I are great. He's great. We're great..." He says.

"That's a lot of great...what's going on?" I ask, sitting on my window couch.