The Only Exeption

Theo:

"Theo you ready." I give a thumbs up through the glass. I hear the words in my headphones, the music blasting. 

My hand taps my side to the rhythm. I look down, waiting to hear the words. 

"Flashing white streaks, pulsing veins

Twilight course, a moment I see your face
While we laid, both hands on my waist
Still heard your moans through the thundering rain
Yeah, I felt you then
Underneath me and
Grass-covered skin...

'Just say inside me don't let this end.' I sing, the words almost desperate. 

"Okay perfect! That was great!" I hang up my headphones on the mic and leave the room. 

"I think we got it." The man sits in his chair, the room filled with the other boys. 

"One take, are you fucking kidding me?" Dallas laughs. I shrug. 

"You're amazing.." Von high fives me, stuffing his face with a donut. I plop down on the couch. We're heading out soon to LA to start our new record. Grayscale is going on tour with State Champs. 

"We leave tomorrow." Collin sits down on the couch, handing me a coffee. I sip it, my exact order. How does he know me so well? 

It's been six weeks since we got back from Italy. It's been amazing. The short time and I feel like it's been a life time. The world doesn't know yet. The only clue is the picture from the Third Eye Blind concert a few months ago, I want it a secret for a little while longer. Enjoy it before the world knows. 

"This song should be done, we need one more chorus from Collin and we're done!" He hops up. 

"You have to go.." He looks at me. He could see my confused look.

"You can't listen to the rest of the song..." He smiles and winks before heading into the booth. I leave the room, heading out to the back of the cabin. It's so nice here, peaceful. 

"Hey!" Veno sits down next to me on the picnic table. He leans his shoulder into mine. 

"What's up?" He asks. 

"Just sucks having to leave." I look down, fiddling with my straw in my coffee. 

"Yeah, but it's only two months!" I smile. Two months. 

"So, Collin hasn't told us what happened in Italy, or at his house..." His brows moving up and down at me, begging for information. 

"We...hooked up in Italy, talked about everything, came clean." I smile. 

"All I know is, Collin gets here and has this song written.." gesturing to the part I recorded. 

"I don't know man, all I know is he wanted me to sing this part. I haven't heard the rest of it." 

"Well, I did, and you're gonna love it." Is it a love song? I don't know what that's like, I haven't written many songs about the good part of love. I guess I never had a reason to, I always wrote about the bad, the heartbreak. 

~~~~~~~~

Collin stops, just before the line for the terminal. His face falls. 

"What's wrong?" I ask. 

"We've been hanging out a lot for the past few months, it's gonna suck not sleeping with you, hanging out with you.." I nod, pulling his face to mine, my hand on his chin. 

"It'll be okay." I smile, kissing him. I know there's a lot of people around, but oh well. 

"I'll see you soon Col." I smile.