Sleepy Eyes and Bunk Beds

Theo: 

His lips hit mine. I feel it. In that moment there is nothing else, no one else. The universe spins around us, the music is loud in my head. It's not fuzzy or blurred, it's clear. For once in my life, everything is so clear. 

I pull away, smiling widely at him. His eyes sparkle, his mouth just as wide as mine, we both let out a chuckle. He pulls me in closer, his hands on my face. I grab his shirt pulling him to me. Feeling his body against mine, he's passionate. Moving his mouth in perfect sync with mine, let me feel this. I want to feel this. My body electrifies, I feel it deep in my bones, a sudden wave of light. I see him, sword in hand, thrashing away my demons, my savior. 

We are engulfed in each other for the rest of the song, the crowd disappears as the words flow through us. I feel like I'm floating. 

I feel a tap on my shoulder. A short man smiles and turns his camera screen to me. A picture, he got us in a picture. The lights from behind illuminate us and I see it. I see the tension lifting from my body, every inch of me loosening. Collins arm around my waist he asks the guy for a copy, the quickly exchange phone numbers. 

I see his smile from my periphery. His arm not moving from around me. I like this.

"I'm safe." the words echo again in my head. Just like they did before. This time, I feel it. 

~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sun shining through the window. I rub my eyes and wake up, sitting up in bed. 

"Hey sorry, your door was locked last night. In case you can't remember." Collin picks up his shirt from the floor., tossing it over his head. The light hitting his slightly wet body. 

"um," I clear my throat.

"Thanks for clarifying. I feel a little dazed." 

"well you did get really drunk." he laughs

"WHAT?" he heard the worry in my voice. 

"I'm kidding. You fell asleep on my shoulder in the cab. I woke you up when we got back and walked you inside. I couldn't find your room key and Derek wasn't answering the door so I brought you in here and tucked you into the extra bed." He sits on the edge of his bed, his goofy smile at me. 

"What are you smiling at you weirdo?" I rub my eyes. 

"You kissed me you kissed me HA!" he jumps up dancing with his fists in the air, like a child who just won a race.

"Alright lover boy, don't get all sappy." I laugh, slipping out of bed. I'm still in my clothes from last night. That's a relief. 

"Come on. Lex is waiting." I go to my room and ruffle through my bag. I hear Derek come out of the bathroom, Collin in the doorway talking to Lex. 

"YOU AND COLLIN KISSED." Lex bursts through the door, tackling me on the bed. 

"Really? You're telling everyone? Might as well just post it for the world to see." I laugh casually.

"Actually..." Von walks in, turning his phone to me. The picture of us on it. Posted on twitter by Third Eye Blind's twitter handle. 

"@ ThirdEyeBlind: glad these two had a good night! Great shot @dominickvladphoto! We love love!" 

Oh fuck. 

I look up at Collin, his eyes wide. I grab my phone and check everything. My mentions are BLOWING UP with tweets, tags, and pictures. 

"@ benjammin this girl is HOT!" 

"@ grayscalee1234 wow, Collin likes girls?" that one was funny.