Better Man (Chapter Thirty Four)

Start from the beginning

Everyone in the house had their eyes on Austin and I knew we all had a disappointed look on our faces. "look who we found." Shelby said walking over to the kitchen to wash her hands. I was wondering why they were all together, it kind of made me a little upset. "I think I need some time alone with Austin." I said to everyone and they all nodded "we will call you later." Smitty said hugging me but not hugging Austin. He and the crew along with Dre walked out of the house shutting the door. "I meant I needed time alone with him. Which means you two need to leave too." I said noticing it was coming off rude, but I didn't care I was upset, and I didn't like that they were with Austin and I wasn't. I knew it wasn't their faults but the hormones and everything I just wanted everyone out of my house.

They both looked at me a little shocked "Can you say goodbye to Mia?" Shebly asked walking over to me and putting her hands out "not right now." I said not letting go of Mia and I could see the sadness on their faces, and I hated that, but I just wanted to be alone with Austin. "I'm in so much trouble I know but can I hold our daughter before you yell at me?" Austin asked sitting next to me. "you didn't want to hold her before you left. You just walked out." I said not handing Mia over. "I know I did Lanney trust me I know I fucked up. I don't know what I can say to make you forgive me." he said, and I could tell he was upset. "Austin, what's going on?" I asked knowing he was bugged by something.

"Kelly is pregnant." He said blurting it out then looking at me waiting for a reaction. "okay?" I said questioning what that had to do with me then it hit me "its yours." I said tears welling up in my eyes instantly. I was still holding Mia rocking her to get her to fall asleep. I could just feel the tears, I could barely see through the tears. I could see Austin shake his head yes and my heart fell even more, I was hoping he would say it wasn't, but he confirmed my worst nightmare. "it could be mine we aren't sure yet." He said trying to calm me down. "oh yeah because that makes it so much better." I said wiping a tear and getting up putting Mia in her baby bed since she had fell asleep.

"how long have you known?" I asked walking back into the room "she told me yesterday." He said not wanting to look at me "yesterday? As in the day I gave birth to YOUR daughter." I said trying not to get too loud but emphasized your. "yeah I didn't know Lanney I swear." He said standing up and walking over to me, but I just moved back putting my hands up "don't Touch me." I said a little loud. "Lanney please I love you." He said but I stopped him again from touching me. "Austin, I need you to get out of my house." I said looking down trying to avoid his eyes. "Lanney." I stopped him "Austin I have let go of so many dumb things you've done to me, I have forgiven you for everything you've done, I've given up everything for you, my house, my body, my mind, I've done everything to make us work and you just don't seem to care." I said walking to the kitchen.

I wiped my eyes with a tissue "Lanney." I stopped him again "we will share Mia but that's it, you can visit her when you want as long as you call me ahead of time, Mia is the only thing we share. I want my house key back." I said holding my hand out "Lanney." I stopped him "key now." I said and he pulled it out handing it to me "What about the house we just bought?" he asked, and I nodded "I don't care, you can have it. I'm staying here." I said looking at him throwing the key on the floor. I was hurt, I was pissed I was feeling so many emotions and the worst part was I just gave birth a day ago.

"Lanney don't do this." He said wiping the tears off his face, but I knew I couldn't just let this go, I had let go of so many things and this just wasn't a thing I could let go. It broke my heart saying I wanted us to break up we were doing so well for so long, but I just can't. I can't let this go. In the back of my mind I wondered if I was being over dramatic or not thinking this through, but this was something I had to do, I have to protect my heart, my daughter needs me now its not just me to worry about anymore. "Go say goodbye to Mia for the night and get out of my house as a couple were done." I said walking to the bathroom shutting the door and locking it letting him say goodbye to his daughter.

I slide down the door falling to the floor letting the tears fall. After a few minutes I heard the front door shut and I walked out and into the bedroom where a sleeping Mia was silent and the whole house was silent and I just say on the bed and cried, for what felt like hours at least until Mia woke up to be fed. I fed her changed her diaper and just held her crying as I looked at her seeing Austin's face in hers. This wasn't how I thought motherhood would be going for me. I put Mia down and tried to get some sleep, but I couldn't I ended up sitting in the bathroom crying so I didn't wake Mia up, I just missed Austin so much, and I just wish he was a better man.

It was like I could feel him when I was lying in bed, I could feel his arm wrap around me and it was killing me not having him here, I knew I had to do it but it just hurt so damn much, I gave him my best and we both know he can't say that, we would have been so good together, he would have been the one. My phone would blow up with texts from everyone, Shelby, Diamante, my sister, my aunt, Dre, Smitty, and Austin I just ignored all the calls and all the texts I wanted to be alone with just Mia my heart was to hurt to talk to anyone. I have never just sat and cried like I did the whole night I don't think I fell asleep except for maybe an hour after I had cried myself to sleep on the floor leaning against the bed. I was like shards of glass shattered all across the floor.

Liked by PostMalone, princess_diamond, shlb21 and 4,975,876 othersElena_gant welcoming Mia Marie Post 💕 my whole heart

Elena_gant welcoming Mia Marie Post 💕 my whole heart

Comments disabled

We're halfway through this book! Don't worry I have more to come! Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy