f i f t e e n

*Hannah's PoV*

Nash turned towards mom as he asked "So how did you get here so quickly?", a smile grew on her face, "Well, you see..".

"Oh get on with it already" Elizabeth said jokingly and they both laughed.

"Well if your not going to tell us, Oh I forgot to say that someone moved into your old house next door." Elizabeth adds.

"Well that would be us" Mom said, grinning.

"We're neighbours again!" Mom and Elizabeth screamed, and so did Skylynn, excited that we would be right next door.

"Oh, I guess that's why you didn't want mom to take you home last night" Nash replied, a smile plastered across his face.

"Indeed it is," I say matching the smile.

We heard a noise from upstairs, Carter. He must have woken up from the screaming coming from all of us downstairs. "Whats all the noise about?" he asked groggily, scratching his head in confusion, as he slowly made his way downstairs. How had he still been asleep up until this point? Oh man. "Would you like to go out for a meal later to celebrate? Its on us!" Mom exclaimed and received a look of disgust from Matt, but he didn't seem to say anything, so Elizabeth agreed and we went home to get ready.

I hoped in the shower quickly, then dried and curled my hair slightly, its naturally straight. Then I applied my makeup, and went into my room wrapped in a towel to choose what to wear. I put on a white lace dress that came up to just below my knee. I looked at my phone, and I had plenty of time. I didn't take as long as I thought I would. I turned on my wifi, and it blew up with notifications. I decided to look through them, confused why I had so many. It was a big mistake. What I saw was lots of reactions to the picture Elizabeth took last night. It just reminded me, that he's not the same boy that I grew up in North Carolina with, he's famous now. He's important to so many more people now. I don't know how I could ever possibly complete with any of them.

"She's such a slut, why her?"

"Are you dating THAT?"

"Is she passing you to date her?"

I couldn't bare to read any further, afraid of what more people would say. I could feel tears rolling down my face as I locked my phone screen. I heard a knock on the adjoining for from Amber's room.

I said "Give me a minute," sniffing trying to stop myself from crying. Amber came into my room straight away, she must have heard me.

"What's wrong?"she asked, eyes filled with concern. I just handed her my phone, signaling for her to unlock it. She unlocked it with ease, knowing my password off by heart. She scrolled through the tweets, turned quickly and hugged me.

"Just ignore them, they just wish they were you" she said trying to cheer me up.

"But I don't see why, I'm not a threat to any of them" I sobbed.

"Han, don't say that "she said trying to comfort me, I'm not one to cry in front of people, so I dried eyes and reapplied some of my makeup. I stood brushing the creases out of my dress, just as mom shouted up the stairs to leave.

We went through to Casey's room, and she was playing with her dolls as per usual. Her hair was already tied up into two pigtails and she was wearing a cute little dress.

"Race you downstairs, the loser has to tie up the others shoelaces," I yelled playfully, but it worked in getting her downstairs quickly. And of course she beat me, she was too fast for me to have ever competed .

"I win I win" Casey said waving her foot in my face, waiting for me to tie her shoe up. So I bend down and tie them up.

"next time Casey, next time" I warn Casey harmlessly, tickling her.

"I don't know how you *cough* do it" Mom walks into view through the doorway smiling and coughing quietly.

"Have you taken your pills Mom?" I ask, my eyes filling with concern.

"No honey, I'm just about to" she replies making her way back into the kitchen, as if I hadn't have reminded her she would have forgotten.

I hear Matt say to Mom, as I was putting on my own shoes, "Emily. I have more important things I could be doing than going to a stupid meal with that family"

To which Mom replied "oh please Matthew, do it for me."

All I heard was a grunt followed by "Anyway, why do we have to pay for it"

"Because it is a nice thing to do, and Elizabeth has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, you don't see me complaining when we go out with all of your friends for a meal, can we just leave this until we get back?"

"Fine."

They both walked out of the kitchen and me and Amber just exchanged glances before we opened the door and made our way down the drive to the car. Oh the hardship. We sat in the back with Casey, and I clipped her into her car seat with no problems.

"Hanhan, are you okay?" Casey asked me looking scared playing with my hair.

"Of course I am sweetie why would you ask that?" I replied.

"You look sad" she said making an adorable pouting face, making me smile.

"See, I'm smiling I'm fine"

She replied with "Hmm, okay" smiling.

We drove to the restaurant and the Grier household were already there.

"How long have you been waiting?" Mom asked.

"Only about 5 minutes, don't worry honey" Elizabeth replied. Nash put up his hands signalling that in fact they had been waiting for 15 minutes. I chuckled to myself, and sat in between Nash and Skylynn, with Casey next to Skylynn. We were handed our menus, and all broke off into separate conversations. Leaving Matt on his phone on the corner of the table refusing to talk to anyone.

~~~

longish chapter I guess

please let me know what you think so far and vote if you like it