Chapter 21 :" Heart over Mind "

Dedicated to ektakhan19 and Asharya

Two hours later

             Pradeep didn't like to be proven wrong from his instinct which had told him Aandhi was innocent until he found her incriminating diary listing out all her crimes ,it didn't matter that he saw a pure shock and anger in her face upon discovery because he can't believe she wasn't acting with him. 

               So he decided to bring in Sanskar to see if he could distinguish the truth, it meant until Sanskar arrives and reads the diary ,she had to wait for the interrogation . So by the time he walked inside the interrogation  room she was furious with him but it could help in showing her real face that was what he assumed as he sat in front of her and hoping Sanskar who was watching behind the glass screen could interpret her better than him .

           " So are you finally ready to talk Miss X " he asked her and if looks could kill he would be dead by now . It just that he couldn't understand if it was anger because she was innocent or anger because she was caught. 

           " I will talk if you finally tell me what are the cases against me and when will I get to call my brother ,I mean a lawyer " she asked him back instead ,of course she would lawyer up which meant she was guilty .

             " You already called your lawyer Miss X ,he is just taking his sweet time getting here or maybe he knew he can't help you " he answered back though it went against his wish ,it was mandatory for him to give her the choice to lawyer up and she did as soon as she entered the station .

          " I meant I want to call him again and won't talk until he gets here " she answered back this time not just angry but nervous as well ,again as sign of innocence or guilt he couldn't decipher yet and hoped Sanskar was doing a better job than him . Given the personal stake they have over this case .

        " If you are innocent why don't we talk until your lawyer arrives ,I mean if you didn't kill them what you have to fear " he asked her baiting her to speak to him and when she nodded her head in answer he didn't know if she was foolish or over confident. 

       " So tell me Miss Aandhi , do you remember Sakshi ?" he asked and thus began the next thirty minutes of questions where he asked her those hard hitting questions without holding anything back .

    By the end of those minutes her brother/ lawyer for the time being walked inside making him leave without a clue on her , he only hoped Sanskar has a better luck deciphering her than him .

            **************************

       It took her brother hours to get to her but only fifteen minutes to help her walk out of the station ,she didn't know whether to thank him or hit him for being late ,if there was a low in life ,she hit it today by being a murder suspect.

      " Do they really think I killed our parents " she asked her brother as he drove her back home ,that was the last straw in today adventure.  Hearing several unknown names didn't makes much sense but when Pradeep wanted to know how much animosity was there between her and her parents that somehow surprised her. 

        " They are grasping for something  Aandhi di ,don't think too much on it . They haven't gotten anything on you get except the diary and that was obtained by an illegal search which the police office had no right to do ,so If I threw the evidence in court there is nothing he can do  " her brother voice was calm and it was reassuring to an extent still she couldn't understand how the diary happen to be found in her bag.