Chapter 17 :" Reinforcements "

Four days later.

              Adharsh Singhania tapped his leg on the cold floor as he waited for his sister killer to walk inside the restaurant ,not killer but possible suspect.  It had been two days since he learnt the last eye witness to his sister killer was very much alive and very much in love with Sanskar as well . 

               The seed of doubt had come from his mother who insisted that Sanskar had a girlfriend from the way his niece kept talking about someone named Pari , his dida said there is no one as such but everyone in the family knew when they were being lied to and Adharsh understood Sanskar reasons to move on .

                While the brother in him might feel a pang of emotion to see someone else in his sister place ,the friend in him was happy for him. But even then he hasn't expected the said person to be living with Sanskar .  Yet that was how he found out about Swara, Laksh ex fiancee .

            Once discovered Sanskar had dragged him into his office to tell everything and by the time he walked out ,he understood something else . Swara wasn't just the girl who loves Sanskar ,wasn't just the girl who has been Laksh fiancee or the girl who would fill the gap of his sister in his niece life , she was someone who paid a huge price for trying to save his sister .

               Someone who lost her parents and had been close to death twice because of it and someone who needed to be protected at all cost ,so that why he was here today . Sanskar had called him two days ago to ask if he can help and he drove to his home immediately to find he wasn't the only one invited . 

             " Officially I am checking into all the siblings but I can't find much going through proper channels we need to be able to eliminate someone soon or narrow it down . That where you all come in , except the murderer everyone else would have no affliction with any of us . So if we met them each outside their comfort zone we can learn more " Pradeep Roy the man who had been in charge of his sister case spoke up looking at everyone around him .

       Except Sanskar and Swara ,everyone were tasked with a sister and Adharsh had picked out Ashwini Shukla , it seemed like a logical choice given that he could find an easier motive to arrange the meeting than others.

  He had seen her picture from Pradeep and yet was taken back as she made her way towards him , he couldnt quite believe the girl walking towards him could be the one who killed his sister. And yet for the next hour or so ,he had to believe that way if he wanted to gain any answers from her that would help them. 

      " Hi, I am Ashwini, you must be Adharsh" her friendly greeting didnt match well with her lawyer career. It took him few seconds before finding words to greet her in return. And for the next hour, he pretended to be interested in having her work for him instead of her father company, he needed a legal advisor and Sanskar wasnt going to come back to work for him until they caught her .So it seemed like the perfect solution, if she took him upon her job it could prove either that she wanted to be near Sanskar or she is clueless about him. 

    There was no way, he could find more about her in just the hour they talked because he couldnt find a single sentence that proved her guilt. And yet a part of him hoped she would consider taking the job much to his annoyance he cant seem to forget the tiny fact she was already engaged. 

       " So that enough business talk, tell me about yourself. Who is Ashwini aside from a great lawyer who i need for my business" Adharsh tried to change the topic back to her personal life and he learnt a lot about her childhood friend and boyfriend Arav .

For all intent and purpose she looked completely smitten by her fiancee that he couldn't fathom that she would be obsessed with Sanskar and yet he cant deny the fact his judgement maybe clouded because he was close to being smitten by her as well.