Chapter 35 : " The Empty House "

Swara didn't know what to think when the silence consumed her, it has been 40 minutes since she was left alone in the Van and still now there was no information except silence, then there was a knock on the door which made her panic until she heard Pradeep bhai voice outside as she rushed to open the door.

"No one is inside the house Swara, it took us this long to search all the rooms and everyone of them were empty and it didn't make sense how they all could disappear without a trace, we got all the entry and exit points covered, the house is surrounded yet there is no one inside " Pradeep bhai spoke up frustrated and even scared from the looks of it 

It has been three hours. If they left the house, by now they could be anywhere. The police kept focusing on the house, since they believed the house held the hostages. And it wouldn't be easy to take all of them somewhere else. She knew Sanskar wouldn't have went without a fight and so did Aandhi, who was fiercely protective of her siblings. 

The only reason they would have left would have been if they went along her plans to keep Abirami from killing everyone. And now they are gone and Swara felt the panic consume her as she insisted Pradeep let her inside the house to search for them too.

"Swara, you are a civilian. I can't allow you inside the house." Pradeep  bhai argued but she didn't care to follow his orders as she rushed passed him to get inside. No one stopped her and she wasn't a fool to think it was because they read her desperation but more like because Pradeep bhai was by her side letting her get away with it 

And when she entered the house, Swara wasn't prepared for the sight of the blood. For someone who had been on the brink of death twice and a doctor. The blood shouldn't have shocked her but when the long suppressed memories of those two encounters came rushing back through her mind. It was more than enough to make her almost lose her balance and faint until  a pair of arms held her from falling down the blood stained floors and crumble away in agony.

"It not his blood Shona " Pradeep bhai voice kept talking as he led her out of the house, thinking her hysterics were a product of fear for Sanskar but it was much more than that as she remembered now the sight of her parents dead body that greeted her, now that she remember how ruthless Abirami can be as well. 

Swara had come close to death twice in her life, she lost her parents to Abirami and little Asha lost her mother, and Swara wasn't going to let the little one lose her father as well. She need to find something from those memories even if it haunted her to find Sanskar and the others. Because losing him was not an option. 

                                         ******************************************

"Well, Well , Look how touching it is to see Swara crying for you " Abirami spoke up as she starred at the phone where she got to see Swara entry into the house and her subsequent hysterics. Sanskar didn't reach for the phone, she offered to him to see the Video because he had gotten quite comfortable in unnerving her.

First he brought his sister instead and she learnt Aandhi has been staying with him all this long. It only made her angry enough to show him that she still held the power, as she marched them into the secret room , she found long time ago .

When she was a child, she had been mischievous and when she grew up , she liked knowing everything about everyone and that was how she knew about her father's secret room of power. A room that wasn't in the blueprint of the house, he built to save his wealth as evidenced by the gold and Diamonds in the safe. 

It had been easy for Abirami to crack into the password for both the room as well as the Safe, and while she never wanted to make it her room when her father was alive. She did the moment she killed him. Abirami knew leaving her siblings in any of the room would make it easy for Sanskar to let them escape, so she moved them into the room first and it was the reason Aandhi couldn't find them easily even if she grew up on the house.