Chapter 37 : Confession

Three months later

Sanskar stood in front of Abirami's siblings with mild trepidation. He wanted to tell them as soon as he woke up. But he postponed it because at first, he didn't know how they would receive it. Time stood still for him when he had been in Coma, but for the Shukla siblings, each day was a battle on its own. 

So Sanskar waited because he didn't want to add more turmoil to their life. But he knew that one day, he would have to tell them the truth about what happened that night. It should have been just the Shukla Siblings and his Shona. But Pradeep was also invited because he was now part of their family. Aandhi and Pradeep got married two months back. They didn't want to wait. It had been Pradeep, who spoke up first breaking the silence.

"Tomorrow is your wedding Sanskar. So what brought this meeting on ?" Pradeep asked Sanskar while his Shona looked at him with understanding, she had been the only one he told the truth of what happened that night. Sanskar knew Pradeep had questions but he didn't ask them in fear that Sanskar may be found guilty.

" Abirami was your family, and I know you must have questions but none of you asked and I can appreciate your understanding. Tomorrow is the start of my new life, with my Shona and I don't want any remnants of the past intruding on our happiness. 

That night when I told her that you escaped, she rushed inside the room to see the truth for herself and I followed her inside with a knife. I told her that I am going to kill her. First, she laughed at me, then got scared and began to threw objects back at me. I did scare her with those words because I want her distracted and when she dropped her phone, I picked it up, and since I was closer to the door, I told her that I am going to leave her inside the room captive, just like how she kept your guys as hostages and that I had no intention of killing her.

When I was about to close to the door, she told me that there was a timer and the room will blow up if it wasn't deactivated every thirty minutes and If I left her in the room then I was basically killing her. I did waver and the phone in my hand vibrated at the same time asking to deactivate the timer and postpone it for another 30 minutes. The phone was password protected obviously but when I typed the same password she had for the room, it opened and I reset it. 

Abirami was panicking that she didn't notice when I used the phone in front of her as she kept telling me, how I won't be able to leave her alone to die. She sounded arrogant and confident, I just wanted to shake her up a little, to let her feel how it is staring at death. I thought about Sakshi, Shona's parents, and everyone who died because of her and I wanted her to realize the fear.

So I walked away from the room, closing it behind me. And I was about to walk away and call the police first, but regretted my actions and was on my way to open the door. When everything went wrong, I didn't think she would be willing to open the door and activate the bomb on her own. If I didn't try to make her scared or let her assume she was dying soon, then she may have been alive. 

As the reports suggest, she did blow up the house but only because I pushed her into the corner. I can understand if you blamed me. I just wanted to tell the truth," Sanskar spoke up and waiting for the siblings to blame him. Abirami was a killer and while he didn't mourn her death, he didn't like that he played a part in it.

" Thank you for telling us. But now, you are not to blame for any of what happened that day. Tomorrow is a happy day Sanskar, don't let Abirami's death fill you with guilt. It was not your fault, none of us would have blamed you even if you pulled the trigger," Aandhi spoke up as the rest of the siblings nodded their head in agreement before walking away leaving him, Shona, and Pradeep alone in the house.

"The Case is closed Sanskar. Aandhi spoke from the emotional point of view and I am telling you from the law point of view. You have nothing to feel guilty about, in a hostage situation. No one blames the victim for acting out of self-defense even if they end up killing their captors and even the law won't punish them for it. And you didn't do anything like that, yes I did wonder why the phone was beside you and now I know, you are a good man Sanskar. " Pradeep spoke up then left Sanskar alone with his Shona.

" So I was right, I did tell you it won't matter to them. But if it made you feel better then that is all I want, " his Shona spoke up as she embraced him in a hug making him feel at peace. 

"I am sorry for doing it the night before our wedding. I should have done it a long time ago. There always seemed valid reasons to avoid it back then but now I realize maybe I didn't want to be absolved soon. Maybe I wasn't ready to forgive myself, I guess. If I hadn't been stupid then we could have probably got married a long time back, but I got myself injured and even now I still have to use the cane for few more weeks. " Sanskar answered back. While he was mostly recovered, there were still lingering wounds.

" You are alive Sanskar, and that is all that matters. I Love you Sanskar with or without the cane, no of them means anything as long as I have you by my side " Swara spoke up as she kissed him making him forget about everything else except the two of them

P.S: "That Is it for now. I had hoped this part would take a little space and I could make it part of the epilogues but then realized it better to have it as a separate update, Epilogue will be posted asap "