Chapter 3 :" Growing Fondness "

22nd  December 2018

               Arjun had hated this time of the year ,it was one such chilly night that stole his wife away from him.  The festive season brings him nothing but painful remainders of the years he and Asha lost with Sakshi .

               He heard her footsteps and didn't want to be found tonight . Both of them were prone to nightmare and so ever since he walked out and saw her sitting in his garden lost in thoughts, he made it a habit to join her if he woke up with a nightmare as well .

               He still can't believe he let her stay ,inspite of the threat towards her life . Somehow sending her alone in to the world terrified him and so he devised a plan. He had taken up disguising her a man when he took her out for her doctors appointment. 

            The doctors said it wasn't necessary but he refused to back down ,he couldn't say to them about his stalker either .Two week later after Pari second appointment, he opened the email to find that his efforts were futile.

    Dear Sanskar ,

             Did you hire someone to help around. Who is he sanskar .I am so curious ,but since it a guy I am relived or else I would have been jealous. I saw you at the hospital and wondered if you were sick ,you would let me know right . I tried bribing someone for information but no one knew about your visit .

          And I didn't get a chance to notice which doctor you visited ,I am sorry sanskar if you felt I was intruding but I was concerned "

                                      Yours ,

                                    Miss X ( Wishing you were healthy )

             Ever since then he took a gamble when he took Pari out , the disguises may work at a distance but a closer look will show the discrepancies. He expected her to find out but so far she remained unaware of his deception . 

                   " Can I join you " Pari voice broke him out of his thoughts ,he liked her comforting presence but felt it was a betrayal to his wife if he didn't even mourn her especially tonight .

                 " Arjun ." her voice persisted and he turned around to see her sitting beside him. 

              " It better if you left me alone today Pari " he answered back even when he knew it was cruel to do so ,when it not her fault.

             " I am sorry , I will leave " She jumped up from the chair and hastened to leave ,it made me feel like a monster .

         " Stay Pari ,I am sorry . I took out my anger on you " Arjun apologized and she reluctantly walked back to him .

      " It Asha's mom death Anniversary . I feel wretched that she died while I continued to live , when it is all my fault " Arjun voice was raw and filled with pain .

       " If you died as well ,what about Asha ,what about dida and what about me Arjun . We depend on you . I can't say it would be easy for you but I want you to know that you need not   mourn alone ,tell me about her . " Pari voice gently spoke up soothing his heart with her kind words.

         " Ours was an arranged marriage , a business agreement between my bade papa and his friend, I didn't agree to the marriage because I liked her but because I wanted to appease my bade papa. 

               And I crushed her heart when I told her ,I need time before accepting our marriage . She was patient. Kind and everything I didn't deserve , it was after almost 6 months later I realized the error of my ways and decided it was time to take responsibility for my actions.