Chapter 36: " The End"

A/N: I am writing this line before everything else because here to hoping this will the final chapter of the book. Thank you for your patience and I really hope I can end this book and give it enough closure for all the time I spent on it.

                                     ********************************************

Abirami finally got some alone time with Sanskar, it wasn't how she wanted it to be but she will learn to make do with what she had at present. At the moment he was eating in the living room without a word to her for the past ten minutes, she may have sent the police on wild goose chase but they will never fully leave the place of the crime scene unprotected for long.

She needs to get Sanskar back to the room soon and before that, she needs to talk with him. If only, he looked interested enough to hear her version of life than look at her as a murderer. And when she couldn't take any more of his silence, she decided to do something about it.

" I love you, and I know you will never love me. Because I killed your wife, but Sanskar back then I had hopes and dreams that one day you will wake up to realize we are meant to be. Yet you fail to realize it because you keep thinking of me as a monster. Why is it so hard for you to give me a real chance?, even now instead of escaping from Jail. I am risking everything to spend time with you and yet you hardly said a word to me "Abirami spoke up frustrated at his continued ignorance of her 

" Why do you love me ?, I am just a guy who wrote some books about a fictional character. What you have for me isn't love but madness," he answered back calmly that it made her angry.

"Do you think anyone who went through what I did will be sane? My own brother raped me, My own father didn't even care, but Mr. X did in his book when he went to get justice for the victim. And your words gave me the power to heal Sanskar, and I knew you will never let me down like them. So why can't I love you ?" Abirami spoke up as she hoped he would finally understand her.

So she was enraged when he laughed at her heartfelt confession and walked away from her yet again and into the kitchen probably to place the empty dishes and that made her more furious too. While she didn't want him afraid of her, his calmness frustrated her too. She liked having people cower in fear at her sight, after living most of her life feeling helpless. She craved that fear from people.

So Sanskar's calmness irked her as she followed him into the kitchen, if killing one more of her siblings will making him fear her, then she was willing to do so. But the sight before her surprised her, as Sanskar was holding out a knife in his hand and pointing it towards her

"You are not going to kill me Sanskar, Remember that if I didn't open the door. My sibling will die and you are too good to let that happen " Abirami answered back as she laughed at him now. If Sanskar thought she was going to be scared about the knife, he was wrong. She knew him and he won't harm her.

"True, I will never risk your siblings' life. Now that they are safe and far away from you. There is nothing stopping me from having my revenge " Sanskar answered back, so confidently that Abirami reached for her phone in haste and froze to see the empty room.

How could she have been so careless? she wondered as she ran back to her parent's bedroom and to the locked room, if she expected Sanskar to remain where he was, she was mistaken when he followed her back into the locked room on his own accord, still carrying the knife.

Abirami didn't know why he didn't walk away if her siblings escaped. Because when she entered the room it was indeed to find it empty without her siblings. As she turned to look at Sanskar who looked relieved while all Abirami felt was a deep fear that her bargaining chips were gone.