Chapter 5 :" Past"

25th December 2018

Pradeep Roy walked inside the hotel room ,as he looked at the body of Roshan ,the newest victim of Miss X . He had so many plans for today including visiting Arjun family in hopes of finding how they knew his Shona.

Shona had told Arjun. That she remembers their name and yet she had no idea how and Pradeep needs to find why Shona was back in India . When he made her promise never to set foot inside India until he finds Miss X

" Just the thing I wanted to see on a Christmas day " his partner Martin spoke up ,he was assigned to the case and called him when he found the note attached to the body shirt.

Dear Rajeev ,

He raped a innocent and the police let him go Scott free because there is no evidence. The girl was a 15 year old child. How could they expect her to follow the protocols ,she was scared and yet she stepped up to find justice even if a year later . Still they let him go ,so I gave the justice she deserved just like Mr X.

Moving on ,I have decided I waited enough ,I know you don't want me to taint my hands with blood . So all you need is to do as I say ,easy right

Yours ,

Miss X .

P.S : Find Pradeep Roy ,he will help you get my message across.

Pradeep looked at the letter in disgust ,he didn't know the Victim deserved his due ,yet as a police office he doesn't approve of citizen taking justice into their hand and especially not someone who had killed innocents.

" The body shouldn't have been found till later today , creating a havoc in our timeline. But the room service got the room wrong and tried to deliver dinner to this room instead of the opposite one ,when the knock went unanswered they opened the door to find the body " Martin was cluing him on the time line. Yet Pradeep mind was worried about the letter.

" I called Rajeev last night and asked him to come " Martin spoke and those words got a reaction out of Pradeep.

" You called Arjun ?? I mean Rajeev ,he can't be seen here . " Pradeep voice raised in an octave and then realized he shouldn't interfere as if he was the lead investigator when he had been called just because his name had been mentioned in the letter .

" Look ,I know you handled Rajeev wife case and you have lost your loved ones because of it . But this case needs a fresh set of eyes and Rajeev would need to see the crime scene to know if it resembles anyone from his book " Martin answered back ,taking Pradeep outburst lightly considering he knew everything that happened because of that case .

" We will send him picture and he can find if it matches through it . Also if you want to talk to him ,I will take you to his house but not here .." Pradeep answered back this time not as a command but as a request ,and was glad when Martin relented.

*******************

She perched her glass a little higher in her nose as she waited patiently for him to come , she will only be able to see him from a distance but it will be worth it .

He won't probably notice her , she took her place in the midst of the reporters. No one is going to notice her and even if they saw her ,they may not be able to identify her .She prided herself with the disguise ,with a glass that covered half her face , a wig that shortened her hair to considerable length and a foundation that turned her skin into a darker colour should have been enough .

But she went and got herself dressed as a man , to further confuse the on lookers. She saw Pradeep enter the hotel and began waiting for Sanskar to come and yet thirty minutes later Pradeep and another guy came down to give a statement.