Chapter 18 :" Unwanted Wife "

Ragini tapped her foot ,a habit when she was nervous as she waited for the arrival of one of the suspects , her cousin Swara tried to talk her out of it but she wanted to help and after they way she accused Sanskar for not doing much to find her ,she couldn't give into the fear and refuse to help now.

Thinking about Sanskar made her mind revolve back to her husband , the man she no longer could hold on too. The divorce papers she obtained from her lawyer two days ago was still in her handbag .

And yet she hesitated to give it and make the separation final , because her foolish heart didn't want to leave him . She loves him still even when his heart is set on her cousin , when Laksh told her that Swara and him are not getting back together,she had been relieved much to her shame .

" She never loved me Ragini ,and I know how much she means to Bhai . I would never get in their way again " Laksh answer were cryptic that she didn't understood what he had been trying to say but it a given he knew more about Swara and Sanskar then Ragini , considering her cousin had never talked about Sanskar with her.

  A pair of high heels came into view first as Ragini looked upto see Aditi Shukla , the fashion designer who Ragini had lured into the interview with the promise of a front page newspaper article about her , she might have to fight her way with Anwar to get it done but Aditi wouldn't be tempted without it.

The Local Mirror had a steady number of readers but it nowhere close to the numbers that would tempt Aditi . So Ragini had promised her the front page as well . And truthfully Aditi in the front page may sell more papers because what Ragini researched about her so far leads her to assume Aditi has her fair share of followers.

Her social media accounts have been boosted with more followers after the news she was dating a movie star became known amongst everyone , a celebrity girlfriend always gains attention and even now if Aditi was innocent it was what she would assume that propelled Ragini to ask for an interview.

The next one hour Ragini listened patiently as Aditi boasted about herself ,and in the end Ragini had an impression of her that didn't look favourably to her. Aditi seemed to be someone who is too occupied about herself and the brief moment she spoke about her current boyfriend made Ragini realize that Aditi had no real affection for her boyfriend.

By the time Ragini took her leave ,she was exhausted from the interview. She did learn more about Aditi but whatever she learned didn't leave a clue on whether she was capable of being a murderer or not

   Aditi didn't look like someone who would wield a knife with expertise given the stab wounds on her cousin ,it is a given the killer possessed some level of coldness and yet Aditi didn't come across as someone who could commit a cold murder.

And if she was indeed the killer than she knew how to act to dispel suspicions around her ,as she walked back to her car , the car Laksh gave her to drive around town . She wondered where she will go once she gave him the divorce papers .

Living with Swara wasn't an option not because her cousin or Sanskar would say no but if the killer obsession with Sanskar were remotely as extreme as they feared then she would be keeping tabs on him even from far away and Ragini moving into his house would raise suspicion and may lead her directly back to her cousin path.

It all would be easy if Swara could remember her face but life never had been easy for the Gadodia Cousins . She texted her cousin that she will visit for a short awhile because Ragini felt Swara need to know about the divorce first and she hoped if her cousin hesitated to get back with Laksh because of her , Ragini decision would solve it.