♦️Sweater Weather♦️

I think it goes without saying to listen to the song above and here http://open.spotify.com/track/4pGqFOfzvfe6avb9kbZicC

Troye POV

It took everything inside of me to not curse the brisk, rainy Italian weather as I put a beanie on my head. Little did I know I'd be thanking the rain with everything I had later.

Tyler and I were supposed to go out around town tonight, right now at nine o' clock, but what with the rain, and my easily-prone-to-sickness from the cold weather body, we decided it wouldn't be worth it to venture outside. We didn't have anything planned with the others, though, so we weren't really canceling anything.

But I still wanted to head out. Spending days alone with Tyler is something I don't get to do often enough, though if I explained my reasons why that is so unfortunate to me in particular, things could get strained, or awkward, or anything along those lines. See, I always say that I love Tyler, and whenever I say that, you probably think I wouldn't want him to interpret things wrongly, but if he were to think what our fans already guess or imply, well, he'd be right. I really, genuinely do. And it's not platonic, to my utter misfortune and the universe's cruel, sadistic delight.

I never know if he feels the same. Sometimes, I think he's one second away from kissing me, but he's also just as quick to add a wink, or say something funny to diffuse any tension, or turn his attention away somewhere else. I'm not sure he knows exactly how I feel, but he definitely enjoys getting a reaction from me. I don't usually give him the satisfaction, but in days where my guard is down, or he catches me by surprise, I can't help but do something stupid like blushing or whimpering.

Anyways, when Tyler noticed the weather as I was coming out of the bathroom, struggling to put the beanie on my head in a way that wouldn't mess up my hair too bad, he said,"Let's just stay inside tonight. I don't want you to get sick from the weather, especially since we have a panel tomorrow, and frankly, I'm just exhausted." His concern for me catches me off guard, especially since it seemed like he only added that part about the panel as an afterthought.

I sat on the bed beside Tyler ( we only had one bed and a couch. I opted for the couch as soon as we got here ), hesitating in leaving, but as I watched the rain come down in buckets outside, I just nodded, saying,"Yeah, that's fine. I could use the night in, I guess."

"Cool," he says, right before the room goes dark.

The lights shit off, and I here the TV blink itself out. I look around, confused, and vaguely notice Tyler doing the same, when I mutter,"Power outage?"

"With this weather, I'm not surprised," Tyler remarks. Nonetheless, we get a call from the wireless phone each room has installed, with an automated message saying that most of the city lost power due to wether occurrences, and that we should stay inside until things clear up. It also mentioned that the heat went out.

I groaned at the part about the heat, knowing that we were going to be freezing,mans said,"Ty, I only packed light clothes. I didn't think we'd have may weather like this."

He waved away my concerns, and said,"It'll be fine, Troye. We'll just share a blanket. Body heat is always effective in these situations." He tried to pass it off as sarcastic, but I could tell there was a sincere offer in the words.

I shrug, trying to okay the nonchalant card, and said in a strained voice,"I mean, yeah, I guess. Can we please get under the covers now, though? I'm already freezing my ass off."

Tyler kicked his shoes off, and tossed them across the room towards the door, then said,"Come on. Let's just wait this out." That sounded a little depressing, considering I was going to pretty much cuddle with the person I loved most, but he didn't sound too disappointed at the prospect of sharing the bed in the first place, either.