♣️Parachute Pt. 1♣️

http://open.spotify.com/track/1Uz5EMxthYPRbudtLLAqdx ⬅️⬅️⬅️ Listen while reading. It's on Spotify.

Inspired by the song Parachute, by Ingrid Michaelson. I like the Serban Ghenea remix the best. Anyways, this one-shot is told by Troye one day, when he's in LA and Tyler's out of town, so he's alone. He's been thinking a lot, about Tyler and his relationship, and decides to just make a video to describe it all. But he doesn't post it on YouTube. He sends it to Tyler.

Troye POV

"Well, Tyler, I guess this is it. The big reveal, about my side of Troyler," I say into the camera I set up, recording my every word, my every movement.

"Funny thing is, I finally decided to face this for real the one time I'm in L.A., and you're not here. I've never told anyone this before, and I could've kept it bottled up for as long as I want, honestly. But then, what would the point be?" I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair to shake the butterflies out of my stomach. "I would still live through life, wondering what if, with someone by my side that I don't know if I'm perfectly content with when you're still out there, the very idea of being in a relationship with you taunting me in my wake. And people always say that when they're old, they regret the stuff they didn't do more than the stuff they did, so I'm going to do it.

"Wow, I haven't been this nervous since my coming out video, and before that, when I came out to my parents. I guess coming out never really stops, does it? And in more ways than one." I pause, taking in my thoughts and closing my eyes for a moment. When I open them again, I continue. "Maybe I should catch you up on a few things, and work my way from there. Okay, here we go. I'm in Los Angeles right now. I came here to work a bit on TRXYE. I'm in my hotel room right now. It's a nice room, Tyler. I think you'd like it.

"I'm off topic, though. The point of this video was to finally clear the air, after all," I say through an exhaled chuckle. "Let's start off with our relationship right now. If anyone asked us, we'd both reply without hesitation that we're best friends, nothing more, nothing less. We keep it vague for our audience, though. I do it because of a lot of things, but I'm not 100% sure why you do. Perhaps it's because you'd be lying, and they'd be able to catch it, because let's face it, Troyler shippers catch every little thing. Remember Louis's vlog? Troyler Birthday Hugs️? That little thing you called a mistake, that made its way into the background of the video, then never talked about again? Of course you do.

"Only you weren't too convincing when you said that was a mistake. It definitely didn't feel like one when it happened. But that's not the point of this video either. I went off topic, again. Sorry about that. But anyways," I say, stopping in my tracks and trying to remember where I was going with this. "Yeah, you never completely confirmed or denied our relationship status in front of the fans, but in private, we never did anything, other than the so-called mistake.

"I'm not going to be cliched and say I've been in love with you since you first talked to me on Skype, but in a way, maybe I was. Not in the way where I saw myself marrying you and having kids with you, but platonically. The way straight girls are in love with me. Besides, you were there for me, helping me come out in my time of confusion."

I stopped, noticing I was rambling slightly now. I cleared my throat, took a shaky breath, and said,"But over time, those feelings changed and developed. Before I knew it, I was utterly in love with you, Tyler Oakley. In a way, I know you are too, but I won't try to define those feelings. But anyways, I strived for any chance to make you happy, even sometimes putting your happiness before my own, even that's totally horrible. It scares me still how much I care about you. But in a way, maybe I didn't out you first. Seeing you happy makes me happy, after all, so I guess it's a win-win in itself. Or a contradiction. I haven't decided yet.